2 Servings
101 Calories per Serving
2 g Fat per Serving
10 g Carbohydrate per Serving
1.6 g Fiber per Serving
5 g Sugar per Serving
13 g Protein per Serving

Here's the Dish

I love making homemade frozen yogurt in my ice cream maker, so I am always sad when I have to put it away at the end of summer. This year, I decided I would keep it out year round…I mean what’s better than a protein packed frozen yogurt treat at home!?! So, I decided that I would put my favorite fall flavors into my favorite ‘cheesecake’ frozen yogurt base, which turned out to be out of this world good! Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream that is actually healthy…Yes, you heard it here first! I’m thinking something peppermint may be coming in the season to come! 

Method

THE ESTIMATED TOTAL TIME TO MAKE THIS RECIPE IS 25-30 MINUTES.

Combine all of the ingredients (except for food coloring) in a blender (or food processor), and blend until smooth.Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Let the ice cream churn for about 20-25 minutes, or until it becomes a  ‘frozen yogurt’ texture. Serve immediately or return to freezer to firm up for another 20-30 minutes and enjoy!

If you don’t have an ice cream maker, no problem! Just blend all of the ingredients together, and place everything in a covered container. Place container in the freezer and stir mixture every half hour until it reaches desired consistency.

karin602
on 9/20/13 9:41 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Do you just mix it all together and freeze?  How many servings?  Sounds good and I'd like to try it.

Karin

sarah_durso
on 9/20/13 9:42 am

I was still editing when I pressed send .   All the details are up now !

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/20/13 1:52 pm
I add good protein powder to mine and blend very well. The mixture need to be sweet - because frozen will taste less sweet..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Bibo
on 9/20/13 2:03 pm

Baked butternut squash (plain, baked upside down in water), scooped out and topped with pecans

Dorkgirl_41
on 9/20/13 4:00 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

I make protein ice cream often so I'm excited to try this! Thanks for posting. Bring on the pumpkin!

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

sarah_durso
on 9/20/13 4:28 pm

I'd liek to find a pumpkin pie we can eat !  I LOVE pumpkin too .  Fall is the best time of the year.

juleskar
on 9/20/13 6:29 pm

Nom.....pumpkin......

Lori F.
on 9/20/13 7:57 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I've got a pumpkin latte recipe, sugar free pumpkin pie syrup and sugar free apple pie syrup recipes up on my blog www.bariatrickitchen.com :)

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 237 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 138 views