6 months pre op diet question

thirdtimesacharm
on 9/24/13 12:38 am, edited 9/24/13 1:11 am - OH
I'm curious to know (opinion or fact) if this month before I go see my NUT since I got weighted by my pcp if it can be counted as one of my 6 months?
PetHairMagnet
on 9/24/13 12:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13

That would be up to your insurance company, if I understand you correctly. You said post-op in your title, did you mean pre-op? If not, I don't understand your question at all.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

thirdtimesacharm
on 9/24/13 12:44 am - OH
Lol.. yes that's what I ment .. pre... good lord its gonna be a long day
PetHairMagnet
on 9/24/13 1:01 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On September 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM Pacific Time, thirdtimesacharm wrote:
Lol.. yes that's what I ment .. pre... good lord its gonna be a long day

:) no worries! 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

thirdtimesacharm
on 9/24/13 1:02 am - OH
How do I delete this? I'm done feelin stupid lol
thirdtimesacharm
on 9/24/13 1:13 am - OH
Nevermind.... I fixed it all on my own... nsv :p lol
thirdtimesacharm
on 9/24/13 12:51 am - OH
I guess I should jus ask my NUT because what I'm thinking is it would be up to her since they will be the ones to send all the info in and if I lose a good amount of weight in this first month I "should" be rewared for my hard work? Lol because we all know most of the weight we lose on a diet comes off the first month
thirdtimesacharm
on 9/24/13 12:47 am - OH
One thing I do wish for after my surgery is to have my mind back.. I've become very forgetful n things seem to slip my mind. Right at this point its weird for me and hope I get it under control before it starts to scare me. I use to have a sharp mind but its slipping
poet_kelly
on 9/24/13 3:07 am - OH

It is up to your insurance company, not your nutritionist. They have set guidelines you must meet.  Check with them if you aren't absolutely sure what those guidelines are - in some cases, it must be a physician supervised diet, in which case, seeing a nutritionist would not count.  Or it might need to be a registered dietician, not a nutritionist.  Make sure you understand the guidelines so you don't end up finding out too late that your appointments "don't count."

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

thirdtimesacharm
on 9/24/13 7:21 am - OH
Ok. I will be seeing the dietician for the 3 months for my surgeon. So I'm guessin the other 3 months wouldd be added to that to account for my insurence 6 months with the same dietician I'm hoping. Ill find out at my first ank I'm sure. I'm just anxious.. thank you
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views