Feeling Cold!

snowball24life
on 9/17/13 2:36 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I don't know if this has anything to do with the weight loss or not, but I seem to be cold more so then I ever have! Even when it has been 80*F I am freezing!indecision I know it is not because I am anemic, as all my levels are really good! I have talked to a few others that have had surgeries and they say they get really cold as well..

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just a few of us? And I wonder why?

Mo Diggity
on 9/17/13 2:46 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Me too !!! Maybe cuz we're losing our insulation lol  ??? I've also been taking my temp lately out of curiosity, becasue my normal temp when I was heavy was 99.2-99.3 (almost ALWAYS)... now it's always mid 98's  (I just took it now to see hahahaa, and it's 97.9) Weird

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

snowball24life
on 9/17/13 2:51 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I think you may have hit the nail on the head about the insulation! LOL I have always run around 97.6 for my temperature, regardless of my weight. I actually have not took my temp. since before the surgery. Hmm.. I might go check it for the heck of it.. LOL

karenp8
on 9/17/13 4:28 am - Brighton, IL

It's common! I'm always cold too.

Ocalasam
on 9/17/13 4:30 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I'm cold and my butt hurts all the time if I sit for more than a few minutes!  I lost a lot of cushion back there!  I wonder if naturally skinny people have these problems. . . too embarrassed to ask!

E R.
on 9/17/13 6:14 am - Switzerland

I have never been so cold in my life. I was always hot before the Op and now I am always cold. 

RNY:  4 June 2013

snowball24life
on 9/17/13 6:24 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you for the responses! I was very curious.

ToNewBeginnings
on 9/17/13 6:31 am

I think it's very common. I'm three years out and I'm an ice cube. indecision It's the new me!

TammyH968
on 9/17/13 7:25 am - Wichita Falls, TX

I stay cold and I live in Texas.  LOL  I keep a sweater in the truck for when we go out somewhere and I just take it inside.  If I kept the temp in the house for me everyone else would be sweating.  We are going to South Dakota next week and I am taking a jacket because they are so much cooler.  I might turn into a chunk of ice.  LOL

Jewelsstevens
on 9/17/13 7:26 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

It is 95 degrees here in Dallas, Texas and I am sitting in my office wearing a sweater...with my space heater on...with a blanket on my lap...

One doctor said something to the effect that it partially has to do with the fact that I am not consuming so many calories. The more calories I consumed, the harder my body worked to burn what it could (internal temp ramped up, i think??). Now that I am consuming less calories, it doesn't have to work so hard. These are my words....he put it much more scientific and eloquent than that. Not sure if it is true or not.

I FEEL YA!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 262 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 212 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 314 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 140 views