Weight gain at 16 months post op

Gina96
on 9/5/13 4:57 am - IL

Help. I am 16 months post op and have put on 5 lbs in one week. Is this normal to bounce around like this? I have not changed my eating habits at all. I still go to the gym at least 3 days a week. What am I doing wrong?

65rosesmom
on 9/5/13 5:20 am

Was it a one time weigh or did you have the same 5lbs on several days in a row?    It could be water weight, though 5lbs is a lot of water weight -- some people do fluctuate like that perhaps after a lot of salt intake.  I'd wonder if it wasn't a scale error.   If you didn't change your diet or your habits, I don't think  you are doing anything wrong.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Gina96
on 9/5/13 5:32 am - IL

No, it seems like it fluctuates from 140 to 145 and then a couple of days later it will be 143 then 146 and didn't think about the salt levels. I haven't done anything differently as far as food goes. I did start making thicker protein shakes with yogurt and frozen fruit and flax seed. I was just drinking the nectar protein shakes.

Don 1962
on 9/5/13 5:52 am

Not that I have personal knowledge but having been on OH for some time I have seen more threads about TOM than I have fingers, toes or hairs on my head.  Any correlation to your gain?

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Gina96
on 9/5/13 6:07 am - IL

I am not familiar with TOM? What would that have to do with the weight gain?

-Babydoll-
on 9/5/13 6:17 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
TOM=time of the month and during that time ppl tend to retsin water which could contribute to the weight gsin

Mo Diggity
on 9/5/13 7:40 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Well since 1 lb=3500 calories, you would have had to eat 17,500 in those 7 days..... probably not lol

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/13 5:33 pm

I guess you are on a right track, gym and your food habits should be health take care of that.

And avoid oily because it may effect you.  Try consulting a gastric surgeon who will guide you properly what precautions to be taken to avoid complications thereafter before and after the surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics