Feeling Insecure and Questioning Something..

snowball24life
on 9/4/13 3:16 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I know this is probably irrational, however I am nervous about something.. I ate a small bowl (around 3/4 cup) of salad with 3 pieces of Shrimp for Dinner last night. Eating this made me feel like I ate a 10 course meal.. I was very full to say the least. Even though it was not a lot considering what I could eat BEFORE the RNY, I felt like it might have been a bit to much by how full I felt.  Does feeling REALLY full mean that you are potentially stretching your pouch out?? I am so nervous about doing so..

Sarahakers11
on 9/4/13 3:36 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I am sure someone with more experience will chime in.  I had surgery a few weeks after you and I ate a similar amount for dinner last night..but did not feel full.  I find that if I am eating salad especially if its a lot of lettuce and veggies that are more water than anything else I can eat a good bit of it cause 3/4 cups chewed up is more like 1/4 cup.  If you've ever tried to make cooked spinach from fresh spinach you will know what I mean.  It can take lbs to get a few cups.  I mean I think I once cooked down 3 large bags to get enough for 3 people.  Now had you eaten 1/4 cup of cooked spinach I am sure you wouldn't feel bad about it but if you had a whole bag of fresh you might.  Mind you its a little different cause the cooked shrinks down even more but I don't think this is a bad thing.  At least I hope not.  Since I eat so little usually my dinner is also my breakfast and lunch the next day sooo I've had about that amount of salad the last 3 meals...with about 1.5oz of steak and 1 oz of cheese on each.

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Sara O.
on 9/4/13 4:00 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
You are not stretching your pouch out. That extremely full feeling was your pouch telling you that was too much or the limit. Next time eat one less shrimp and see how you feel. Always remember to take a minute or two between bites ans eat slowly. It may have been too dense for you.
chris_ruff
on 9/4/13 4:43 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

even now, raw vegetables and fruit get me very full, very fast. i assume because they are dense and fibrous. i consider that a good thing!

i don't think you stretched your pouch, that takes alot of time and alot of overeating to accomplish. sounds like you're learning your limits. at this stage, i'd probably keep the shrimp and lessen the salad so you get more protein in. 

--Christina
karenp8
on 9/4/13 4:57 am - Brighton, IL

At your stage you really need to eat more protein(shrimp or cheese or eggs) and less salad. I know we are trained to think of salad as a diet food but now protein needs to be number one.

snowball24life
on 9/4/13 5:10 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you everyone! I will take all the advice and apply it! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views