People are idiots

KatBee
on 9/2/13 6:59 am

Wednesday will be 6 months for me & I am down 75 lbs only 25 lbs away from my goal of 100 lbs. I am down from a 2X to a size 12 so yes I look dramatically different. I have had people not recognize me & I've had people ask me if I was sick. I can understand them asking if I'm sick since I have lost weight so rapidly. 

My husband & I went to a wedding this weekend & I posted some pics of us on FB. His brother & sister in law live in California & I'm friends w/ my sister in law on FB. She see's the pics of me on FB & posts "Kathy Are you sick?" Granted, if my husband speaks to his brother 1x a year its a lot. There is a giant age gap between them & he was in the navy by the time my husband was 5 so there really is no relationship there. I had no reason to tell them what I had done since we never speak to them & I realize she is just voicing her concern BUT pick up a phone if your concerned, send me a text message or even private message me in FB but DON'T publicly ask me if I'm sick if you are really that concerned.

Idiots! 

I'm done venting! i heope everyone had a great weekend.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/2/13 7:15 am
RNY on 05/13/13

How RUDE!!! I am offended FOR YOU!

I would write back "Nope, just looking fabulous!"

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Jilly Bean
on 9/2/13 8:17 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Perfect response!!!  angry

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

bluesfan
on 9/2/13 7:26 am - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

I have had a similar situation happen to me 25 years ago, when my weight dropped to 142 pounds.  I was wearing a size 28 waist pants.  People who hadn't seen me in awhile would say, " Dave you look great !  Are you alright ?  It is normal to ask this question when a significant change has taken place in such a short period of time.  As for posting on face book,  people seem to chronicle every moment of their lives there without using common sense.  I can understand you being upset.  Just think how you would have felt if you posted a picture of yourself weighing 75 pounds more than when she last saw you and she said. "OMG what happened to you?

65rosesmom
on 9/2/13 7:43 am

That was a stupid thing to do, you are right, she could have said the same thing via a private message to a much better end.   I posted a picture recently and my estranged uncle (we interact on facebook, but I haven't seen him in like 10 years) posts that I "look hot".  Ewwwwww!!   I don't think he really meant anything sexual with it, I really hope not, but why why why post that on my picture on facebook.  Blech.  Your title is apt...people are idiots sometimes.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

saterry
on 9/2/13 7:45 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Tell them ya you are SICK !

Sick of being unhealthy, sick of being tired, sick of not enjoying life as a MO person !

Ya we are ALL sick......and that is what keeps us going forward.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Jacob H.
on 9/2/13 8:13 am - CA

Last time someone asked me that I answered, " yes I'm sick, but the psychiatrist says I'm no longer a danger to society." They never asked again

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

Jilly Bean
on 9/2/13 8:18 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

HAHA!  :)

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Lessoflinda
on 9/2/13 8:31 am - NY

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

JaneJetson60
on 9/2/13 1:04 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Jacob, great response!  Love it!    Jane

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 24 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?