thinking to much

thirdtimesacharm
on 8/30/13 8:36 am - OH

so today i started to have second thoughts again, or more like "whats gonna go wrong" thoughts. sometimes i feel like i can be a little shallow and with that im askin myself what if i cant deal with the excess skin and feel i would just be happier the way i am now. then i tell myself, "its for your health and if u workout hard maybe? it wont be so bad? maybe? ... then like i said i feel like the universe is against me and im gonna get denied for reasons out of my control. like ive had double pneumonia so badly that one of my lungs was deflated and they had to go in and repair it so is that gonna stop this? i keep thinking about everything and counting down the days just until my first seminar. maybe i do want this to badly. maybe i need to talk to other people besides close friends n family? blahhhhh my head hurts!  

Sherrie P.
on 8/30/13 11:36 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Well, the skin sucks. I was happier with my arms pre op.

That being said, the list of advantages is such that I would do it again tomorrow if you told me I had to go sleeveless for the rest of my life, shrinkles and all.

I feared the commitment. I was really worried that this would just be another diet I failed at.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Calla Lily
on 8/30/13 12:59 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Shrinkles! I love that word! I'm going to use it!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

sonyamarie75
on 8/30/13 1:03 pm - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Hi! My name is Sonya- I Dr Lalor did my gastric bypass 10 days ago. 

This is my humble opinion. Loose skin can be camouflaged with clothing. I worried about something bad happening to me- some horrible complications. And once I started to see the weight come off (a requirement from the psychologist that I lose weight first) I almost cancelled thinking- hey I can do this on my own. But here's the thing. I am pretty good at losing weight. Keeping it off not so much. I really wanted to be healther! I hate having diabetes and high blood pressure. I'm only 38. Perhaps my biggest fear was losing the weight and gaining it all back (how many times have I already failed??) I went ahead with it and here's what I can tell you. 

1. I left the hospital off my diabetes meds and since I've been home I've never had a blood sugar above 92!!

2. Once you feel how little your pouch can hold and how it feels when there is too much in it you get a real appreciation for how little it holds. That was something I didn't have a good concept of until I experienced it. You learn how much you can put in it at a time. That gives me some confidence that I have a tool that will help me keep the weight off if I don't abuse it. 

3. Yes there is still a chance that some complication could occur but I am a half a pound away from 40 pounds and am no longer morbidly obese. I am healthier now that I was a few months ago. 

Only you can decide what is right for you:)

If I can help you with anything please feel free to message me or friend me. I live in Toledo:)

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Jacob H.
on 8/30/13 1:11 pm - CA

My stomach flap and arms don't bother me, it's my man boobs and thighs I don't care for, but I will gladly deal with it than deal with an extra 250 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 4 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views