Pain today! Oh my!!!

CjHOhio
on 8/27/13 8:06 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

So I woke up at 5 this morning and just under my ribcage to the left it felt like someone had punched me hard.  Throughout the day it has changed to a sharpish pain that gets really sharp with certain movements, deep breaths, and drinking.  I am afraid to even try to eat.  I called my surgeons office and I am going in tomorrow to be checked out.

I am tempted to take some of the vicodin I came home from surgery with but did not use. I am not sure what is going on, but of course I am worried and when I get worried, I tend to semi freak out.  I think I am scaring my husband when I all of a sudden make a loud moaning shrieking noise with the pains and grab my abdomen.  Poor guy :(

HW:365   SurgW:325  CW:274

sonyamarie75
on 8/27/13 8:32 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Hugs!

Try not to worry. It could be something as simple as trapped gas. (Yes- it can really hurt THAT bad.) Especially with rerouted guts! Big hugs! Let us know how it goes, ok? I hope you feel better soon.

If it gets worse though, or you find yourself short of breath, get your booty to the ER. 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

illinois Gama D.
on 8/27/13 8:51 am

I am not sure why you aren't taking the pain meds? that is what they are for, and do remember, most,,,, a lot of the work was done on the left side, after the removal of half my remnant stomach I have the most pain on the left side, most people do, try to relax, take a pill, try to calm down :)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

kecldr3
on 8/27/13 9:02 am
RNY on 08/14/13

I am sorry to hear you are having pain.  I hope all goes well at your doctor's appt.  Best wishes:)

Tonya

cajungirl
on 8/27/13 10:03 am
Take the pain meds. I concur with Sonya it the pain continues and it's bad or you start running a fever or thowing up go to the ER.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

CjHOhio
on 8/28/13 6:43 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Thanks everyone!  So, I went to the surgeon.  With the pain being localized he believes it is either that I tore a muscle right there or an ulcer forming from all the stress of school starting.  So, for now he has upped my Omeprazole and added another med.  Tylenol for the pain and watching things closely.  If the pain changes, gets any worse, or anything different I am to call him right away.  If it does not improve with time and the meds he is going to order a CT. Other than that, he says I am doing great and my weight loss has been great too.  Weighed in at 296 today :)

HW:365   SurgW:325  CW:274

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views