2week follow-up

-Babydoll-
on 8/26/13 8:34 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
I went foe my 2weeks follow up today and I'm down 16lbs. Yay!! Doc said most is water weight bur that everyone feela good to see big numbers in the begining..lol. Me any numbers (as long as my weight is decreasing) is good for me..lol. He wants me to increase my water intake to 80oz and prorein to 80-90grms. I've been so nauseous and throwing up since surgery idk if I'm gunna ever get enough protein in, and he doesn't like protein shakes so that's out of the question. Well he did say its not the end of world just he would rather his patients relearn to eat right away since that's what we have to do for the rest of our lives. Otherwise he said I'm doing great, justwoyld like me to wake up in the middle of the night to deinl a cup of water to see if that helps the nausea in the morning I've been getting.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/26/13 8:38 am
RNY on 05/13/13
I keep a Tervis tumbler with a lid and straw next to my bed and will sip on it anytime I wake at night. Also, I would push back on the shame thing. He may not like them but 1-you are only 2 weeks out and 2-not tolerating food well.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

-Babydoll-
on 8/26/13 8:44 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
My fiance said the same thing and ordered me some protein power fron Unjury. So I'm going to drink that when I can't eat. I figure I need to get some protien in. I drink fluids so if that's how I have to get protein in then I will at least till I can tolerate food better

poet_kelly
on 8/26/13 8:53 am - OH

What is out of the question?  Using protein shakes or getting 80-90 grams of protein?  It does seem like getting that much protein at just two weeks out without shakes would be impossible.  You can choose to use them even if your doctor doesn't like them, though.  After all, it's your body and you are the one drinking - or not drinking - them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

-Babydoll-
on 8/26/13 9:19 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
First I didn't say anything was of the question I sais I don't if I'm ever gunna get that much protein in without being able to eat food. Second I said that I have protien powder and will use them at least till I can tolerate food better.

poet_kelly
on 8/26/13 9:21 am - OH

You said, and I quote, "and he doesn't like protein shakes so that's out of the question."  I wasn't sure what you were referring to by "that" but you did say something was out of the question.  Maybe that's not what you meant, but I was just responding to what you wrote.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

-Babydoll-
on 8/26/13 9:38 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
Yes then I said he said its not then end of the world and that I have n will drink them till I can tolerate food. I can drink fluids so if that's what I have to do to get some protein in then I will. Also I'm not here to argue with ppl or have ppl make me feel like what I say is f*** up or irrelevant or anything else other than support. The only support i have comes from my fiance, my three daughters and my bestfriend. I dont have any family that supports what I am doing to become healthier and live longer for my kids and fiance. So if you would to give support or advise great but if your gunna just talk to me like I'm a little kid or like I don't have common sense then I prefer you just don't comment. Please don't it the wrong way I'm not trying to be a b**ch or anything I just don't need anymore issues, stress, problems anything negative than I already have in my life.

sheryl69
on 8/26/13 9:55 am

yikes!  I don't think that was called for at all

it took awile and there were bumps on the road but i had my rny performed by dr jules foute nelong at guelph general hospital on september 16, 2013  

-Babydoll-
on 8/26/13 10:09 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
LOL

sheryl69
on 8/26/13 10:34 am

sorry. I don't think the way you spoke to poet Kelly is anything to laugh out loud about. she and other vets give so much of themselves to us newbies !  they deserve nothing but respect IMO

it took awile and there were bumps on the road but i had my rny performed by dr jules foute nelong at guelph general hospital on september 16, 2013  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views