Absolutely miserable!!!

reddhedgrl
on 8/25/13 2:34 pm
I have posted a few times since my Revision from LapBand to RNY (July 31) and I'm STILL miserable! I know that it's going to take a bit long to recoup, since 2 weeks before my revision I had emergency surgery to remove giant kidney stones, but really? I have been in hospital 3 times in the last month... 2 for surgery and just recently for what they diagnosed as pancreatitis. That landed me back in hospital for 5 days with nothing by mouth! It was horrible, they blew out any and every available vein I had to get me hydrated. I'm home now, still dehydrated a bit and barely able to eat. I'm weak & tired all the time and really really frustrated!!! My pain ... If you open your hand & make a claw shape, then place it on your stomach, where your ribs come together and down in a circle shape..it's all right there...whether it food or fluid, it hurts. CT shows a twisted bit of fat from surgery & a mildly irritate pancreas, but nothing that should be doing this. I don't want to end up back in hospital for dehydration but everything I take a sip of water....pain. It's totally sucks and I'm SO ready to feel better & get back to work & family! As of now, a shower or trying to prepare something to eat is a HUGE chore. Not getting in my vitamins or my protein & having to take a nausea pill at least once a day. I know it gets better, but right now I'm regretting the whole thing! My Dr assures me the pancreatitis is NOT from the surgery and just a sad coincidence.
tdbull
on 8/25/13 2:41 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am so sorry for your pain. Sounds like you've had a few complications. I am Day 12 out from my revisin and my complication is an infection at the drain hole. This has been delaying my recovery too. It all just sucks, like I wish I never would have done this to myself. It's hard to stay optimistic when we don't feel good. I am forcing myself to get in my fluids and proteins. Maybe you can try to warm your fluids and see if they go down better? Please try anything to take care of yourself and keep in touch with your surgeon.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

PetHairMagnet
on 8/26/13 9:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13
No advice, but hugs and hopes for a speedy and complete recovery!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views