HATING EVERTHING AND GAINIGN WEIGHT-FAILURE

yangie314
on 8/21/13 12:40 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12

I just want to crawl into a ball and die! i am 14 months out and the past 2 months i am gaining weight WTF REALLY?i feel like my pouch has failed and i want to give up. june i was 275 and now 286 WHAT THE HELL!!! TOTALLY HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE. i KNOW I HAVE BEEN SNACKING, BUT DAMN, WHEN i FEEL THAT I DON'T EAT, I STILL GAIN AND I AM AT WITS ENDS! i give up

dessalves
on 8/21/13 12:57 pm

Don't give up!! Really, I know it must be hard and frustrating to see some weight gain but never give up!!! Look how far you've come!!! Go back to basics and try to get away from the scale but don't give up! You can do this

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/21/13 1:05 pm
What does a day of eating look like? Are you able to exercise and if so are you?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 1:06 pm, edited 8/21/13 1:08 pm - CA
RNY on 03/22/12

Yangie,

no, no, nooooo, you are NOT giving up! What was your highest weight before you had surgery? Do you want to,...no, I know you don't,...want to return to that high weight?  So, what?!...a little more than ten pound gain?!! Don't let it turn into 50, 100 lbs. how much are you exercising? 

1. Exercise at minimum 5 days a week, cardio/aerobic  for 30 minutes

2. Add weight resistance training, weight lifting 2-3 times a week

3. Restart food journal, write it down

Those are the basics, but if you follow them, you will lose all your weight,..promise! Don't ever say you are giving up on yourself. Keep fighting!

And, yangie, I just came back to edit my post because I looked at your profile,...ummm first of all, you are so beautiful, go take a look at yourself, you don't wanna go back to your high weight, even though I think you were beautiful then too. I also see a beautiful child there,..do it for her for now. She needs you to be healthy, happy, and set an example. It's hard, but nothing worth doing is ever easy.

averybyrd
on 8/21/13 1:09 pm

Look at how much you've lost! That's amazing! Don't give up. Take a break from the scale, find something fun and active to do, and don't stress. You'll get there.  You've already done so well!

yangie314
on 8/21/13 1:23 pm - MI
RNY on 07/03/12

i am trying and yes maybe i do need to get up and work out. Between worrying about Mom and helping out at her home(she has stage 4 lung and liver cancer). Doctor's are trying to classify my daughter in the spectrum of autism thinking I'm in it for the money(yes she told me that if she is classified as autistic, i am able to get assistance from the state, after going off on her stating how can money help us if all she need is speech classes.-YES I CUSSED HER OUT!!! we had Skylar evaluated by the school systen and she did not fall in the spectrum, just AN EARLY learning delay that can be corrected PROBLEM SOLVE SUCKY DOCTOR!!!!). me gaining weight and eating sweets like my pouch is broken, its been a month of hell. 

I know autism is real however trying to get "everyone" to fit into the spectrum just for monetary gain, there is a special place in hell for doctors like that!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/13 9:51 pm
Hugs... Stress may trigger sugar and carbs craving... Stress = cortisol , add sugar to the mix and yes - you will be gaining weight even if you don't think you eat that much... Hugs..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/21/13 1:35 pm - OH

Your pouch has not "failed".  The hard truth is that your pouch is not causing you to gain weight.  If you are snacking, you are the one responsible for the weight gain.  

So how exactly are you going to give up?  Start snacking?  Well, you're already doing that.  Go back to eating the same way you did before surgery?  Well, you have already gained 11 pounds, so prepare to gain a LOT more if you do that.  This is not a diet program that you signed up to do for a specific period of time where you can just decide to drop out of the program.  You had your digestive system significantly modified which means that you signed up for following a healthy eating plan and taking your vitamins FOR LIFE... regardless of the outcome.  One last piece of the "tough love" portion of this.  If you have gained 11 pounds in two months, either snacking isn't the ONLY thing responsible for the weight gain (what else are you eating?  how much?) or you are doing a hell of a lot of snacking or consuming LOTS of calories in those snacks! You need to start tracking what you are eating so you can see exactly how much you are consuming.  I think you may be surprised.

Ok, now.... At 14 months out, it is very common for the weight loss to slow down or for people to stall.  Sometimes the stall can be a lengthy one.  That doesn't mean you are done losing IF you continue to make good food choices.  Take some deep breaths, remind yourself of how much weight you have already lost, and commit to tracking your meals and portion sizes and making healthy choices so you can take full advantage of the few months of caloric malabsorption that you have left.  You CAN do this, but it isn't magic.  You have passed the point where the surgery is doing the work for you.  Now it is time for you to continue to make good food choices.  The new way of eating is for life, so there is no "giving up".

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 4:43 pm, edited 8/21/13 4:44 pm - CA
RNY on 03/22/12

angry as tough sounding as Lora was, it is tough love,she has it right. Don't go backwards, don't give up on yourself. Fight, fight, fight,.. AND, it seems you have a lot of life stressors right now, your mom, your daughter,...the very BEST stress reducer is exercise.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/21/13 7:44 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On August 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM Pacific Time, Reddy299 wrote:

angry as tough sounding as Lora was, it is tough love,she has it right. Don't go backwards, don't give up on yourself. Fight, fight, fight,.. AND, it seems you have a lot of life stressors right now, your mom, your daughter,...the very BEST stress reducer is exercise.

Or sex. Sex is a great stress reducer, too. :)

But I agree with the last two posts 100%!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views