New to Obesity help. com and looking for friends.

juliegh
on 8/15/13 8:32 am - OH

Hello everyone. I am new here and would love to meet people who have had the surgery is having or considering. This is a scary thing but so is death. I don't meet with my surgeon for the first time till November and I am saddened. I had planned on things happening at a certain time, and now its not. I could use encouragement, and advice about what to do to make the time till surgery go faster. I have heard from the first visit with the surgeon it could be 6 months afterwards,,,, is that true..... Tell me your stories.....

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/15/13 9:06 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Welcome Julie! Congrats on your decision to get the surgery.

Every office is different in respects to how much time it takes to get from point A to point B. From the time of referral to the time I had surgery it was about a year I think. But I had a couple set backs in there and you know, it ended up working out that I had my surgery at the right time in my life. So hang in there and use this time to start making changes that will be your life long habits of healthy eating and exercise. I worked on my head (and still am!)  as well.......that's VERY important for your success  after surgery. As for other changes I worked on before surgery ---not eating until 30 mins after eating, chewing to mush with each bite and slowing down my eating. Also worked on getting in my 64 ozs of fluids daily.

Researching all that you can about ALL the different types of surgeries will help you decide which kind you and your doctor decide is best for you. This site is an excellent source of information. I poured over old posts about every subject I could think of.

Good luck to you! It's exciting! I'm only 5 weeks out but am already seeing changes in my body (and soul!) and am so happy I did this. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

Ms_Silly
on 8/15/13 10:28 am
Hey Juleigh! Don't be disappointed, things will start going fast once they get started. As far as 6 months go, some insurances require a MD monitored 6 month diet and exercise program. I didn't have to wait 6 months and have that for my insurance. but even without that there is alot of different appointments you will be scheduling. Gives you a lot of time to make sure this is what you want and to decide on which surgery you want. I have surgery in the morning! Btw I started my process in April and felt like I had appointments every week! Maybe a little exaggerated! But there is a lot to get done! Good luck girly!
SenaF
on 8/15/13 11:14 am - houston, TX

Hello I'm new here also.... I am very excited about this process.. I was approved 2 years ago but I lost my health coverage 1 month before the surgery.. So I had to do it all over again in a new city...Like you I have many questions for people who have already done it.. Mostly about the protein and vitamin stuff. But I wish you and everyone here to do very well on the methods they choose.

juliegh
on 8/15/13 11:23 am - OH
I have been doing md monitored visits since April, I have a cardiologist appointment next wensdeday and my doctor is sending a referral for sleep study. Is there anything else I should do?
lilisasmith3
on 8/16/13 1:47 am
RNY on 01/31/13

It too kabout 6 months for me to get my RNY. I wish I had done it sooner!!! it depends on your insurance as to how long it will take. I have used this website for my therapy and support group ever since. I wont lie. The liquid diet sucked and I thought I was going to die the first week (I also have MS) but I feel AMAZING!!!! My highest weight was 240. My surgery weight on 1/31/13 was 210 now i am 158 with still 40 lbs to loose (im only 4'9) but I feel great. if yu need a friend or advice I am happy to help.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 298 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 253 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 150 views
Recent Topics