6 days post-op

Nikki_Lynn
on 8/14/13 3:30 am - OH

Well I am now 6 days post-op and I just got out of the hospital yesterday. I was in there a little longer because of my diabetes being all whacky. I wish I could say that the diabetes is gone, however it isn't. My doctor seems to think once that I start losing some of this weight that it will go away. So I will be saying lots of prayers for that one! They did end up taking my gallbladder as well, so let me tell ya I am in some pain!!! The percocets have been a live saver, unfortunatley they only sent me home with 20. Anyhow that's my update, really praying for the pain to ease up soon.

Member Services
on 8/14/13 3:38 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Nikki,

Congratulations on your surgery and the start of living life as it was meant to be lived.  It will get better with each day.  Hang in there!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/14/13 4:07 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Congratulations and welcome to the loser's bench! The pain will ease up eventually. I was surprised at how much pain I had afterwards, since I went into it thinking it wouldn't be a big deal. Boy, was I humbled. lol But, it will get better. Hang in there! :)

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

bluesfan
on 8/14/13 4:40 am - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

Since surgery, are you on less diabetes medication than prior to surgery?  What medications are you on now? I was on 3 different insulin injections and 4 metformin pills. When I left hospital, I discontinued all meds.. My readings now are between 110-145.  I hope that continued weight loss as well as my new exercise program will reduce those numbers even more.  I wish your diabetes goes away in time.  Diabetes and high blood pressure were the main reasons I got the surgery, weight loss for me is a fringe benefit !!  Good Luck Nikki.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views