Bat Wings & Saggy Thighs.. Plastic Surg Questions.....

AlohaJen
on 8/13/13 4:20 am
RNY on 09/05/12

I am almost one year post op and being that I am 49 years old, I am really thinking of plastic surgery..... I am down almost 94 lbs total, but would like to lose at least 20-25 more.... I was just wondering, have any of you had the "Bat wing" surgery or the "Thigh Lift" ?  I would really love to hear about it, how did it work for you?  was the pain more or less than you expected?  were you happy with your results?  would you do it again?  would you be willing to share any before and after photos with me?  I hope to hear the "Real" stuff, I want the good, the bad and the ugly... basically, just the truth... please don't sugar coat it....  Thanks for anyone willing to share your experience with me!! 

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

AnniesSS
on 8/13/13 4:27 am, edited 8/13/13 4:27 am
RNY on 09/11/12

I'd love to see some replies also :)  I had my surgery 6 days after you and am down almost 120lbs. My thighs are my worst asset right now.

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

ToniLee
on 8/13/13 5:59 am

I LOVE my arms now they flapped like wings on the the elipitical machine at the gym!  I had plastics in April 2010.  My arms were pretty bad and bothered me the most but I had the works done.  The thigh lift not so much :(  The scars and outcome were not what I had hoped but Plastics can't work miracles.  Pain was fine very controlled.  Plastics can come with lots of complications.  Seromas infections and such.  Since most insurance companies don't cover cosmetic surgery sometimes the complications are not covered.  It just depends on the company.  Search out local PS and get a few consults.  They are usually free.  You NEED to find someone that specializes in Massive Weight loss patients not just a tummy tuck guy!!  I just had a RNY revision 2 weeks ago and I've been poking around the boards again.  Send me a friend request I have tons of pictures from the beginning to recently.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

AlohaJen
on 8/14/13 12:34 am
RNY on 09/05/12

Hi Toni and thank you so much for sharing about your plastic surgery. I tried to go to your wall to send you a friend request and it was unable to find your wall. Maybe you could send me a "Friend" request ?  That way I can see your wonderful progress and transformation... Thanks again !!!

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/13/13 6:05 am

I lift and tack the girls, then 6 months later - fix my 360 perimeter (LBL- lower body lift).   I definitely needed the BL  .. the belly and back area - I did not like it but I could live with it.    As for the rest - my batwings - I still hope they may help me fly one day... and the leggs - are not that bad.. not great but nothing I would want to risk having a surgery for. 

I lost 110 lbs. regained 20 and probably can lose 5.. but as long as I don't gain anymore - I am good. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

saterry
on 8/13/13 6:35 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Had my bat wings and breast done---went home took a nap and 4 hours later painted my bathroom. Scars are so minimal and pain was nothing in arms and very slight in my breast. Sooo worth it. Tummy tuck on the other hand hurt like a beast but was also worth it,

Unfortunately I had a major MVA a few years ago was laid up for quite a while and have gain back 3/4 of my weight.  Will be having revision to RNY in October.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/13/13 7:43 am - OH

I had my arms done, but not my thighs.  I had a lot more pain than I expected with the arm lift.  A lot of the worst pain was actually in the armpit, though (where he removed a lot of skin (and the sweat glands and hair follicles, so no shaving or sweating !).  The compression garment was rubbing the armpit incisions raw, and opening them up, so I gave up on that and just kept my arms wrapped in Ace bandages for however many weeks.  I had a fair amount of swelling, and it took me a long time to be able to fully raise my arms without pain, but (again) that was largely due to the scar tissue forming in the armpit.

My thighs are hideous, but after my tummy tuck turned necrotic and I had to clean and pack the crater twice a day for over 5 months, I am not willing to take a chance on having my thighs done (since thigh incisions are notorious for breaking down and turning necrotic).  I cannot imagine having gaping holes like that on the inside of my thighs (which is the only way they can do it if there is a LOT of skin all the way down the thigh).  if there is just excess skin at the upper thigh, they can put the incision in the groin area, but those also break down fairly frequently.  Thighs also often don;t look natural afterward, and for those two reasons, some plastic surgeons won't even do them on bariatric patients.

Lora

Arms before:

and after:

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

illinois Gama D.
on 8/13/13 7:50 am

your arms are beautiful, !!! :)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

mussit64
on 8/13/13 7:50 am - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

My cousin had RNY 2006 and lost 155 pounds she just last year had the thigh lift done and she said never again...   She said it was worst than her tummy tuck.   But it looks really good.   She was having to buy pants to sizes too big just to get them over her thighs.  She had 124 staples.  But I honestly think she wouldn't go back to the big thighs and legs... She has one complication from it and that is one leg stays swollen but its her own fault.  She was told to quit smoking before surgery and she didn't do it so now she is paying the price.   

I am 4 months post op and I intend to have a boob job, tummy tuck and the arms done.  I think my thighs will be ok.  Good luck 

cajungirl
on 8/13/13 8:46 am
I had my arms done. My scare is minimal and inside the arm. It doesn't show at all unless I raise my arm.

My recovery went well, I had multiple procedures at once. I wasn't allowed to raise my arms over my head for 3 weeks.

My thighs aren't the best but I've seen much worse. It isn't noticeable with mid- thigh shorts and I wear a skirt bathing suit. I would like to have them done along with a butt lift if I can ever find the cash to do it.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views