okay something's up...

Samantha Lightner
on 8/14/13 3:12 am
RNY on 07/30/13 with
Yep my scale is exactly What's up... I lost 12lbs my first week and gained 2lbs my second??? What is going on? Is this not working for me? Is my few slip ups making this surgery ineffective? So stressed and angry right now.
poet_kelly
on 8/14/13 3:16 am - OH

What's going on is that you are losing weight in a normal way.  Most people don't lose constantly.  It's normal for your weight to fluctuate from time to time.  That does not mean your surgeon is not effective.  It just means you're normal.  If that causes a lot of stress and anger, you might want to stay off the scale for a while.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Samantha Lightner
on 8/14/13 3:18 am
RNY on 07/30/13 with
I think You're right Kelly... just drives me crazy sometimes
dessalves
on 8/14/13 3:47 am

It is frustrating!! I lost 33 lbs the first 15 days and now almost 15 days without losing 1 single lb!! I was told it is normal but it made me so angry not to see the scale move!! Trying to stay away from it as well 

Justcallmesuz
on 8/14/13 4:42 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I only weigh myself once a week on Wed. That works for me. Maybe trying putting the scale away for a month, or even a week!! 

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

bluesfan
on 8/14/13 4:47 am - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

Give your scale away.  The Miracle will happen, as long as you don't slip up.  Patience is the key.  Good Luck Samantha !

glamourqueen64
on 8/14/13 12:22 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

I am 6 weeks out now, and for the last 3 weeks, I have learned to only weigh myself once (sometimes twice) a week. It will drive you nuts to see that one day you can lose, then put on a few the next morning! Your body is going through a major chance and it is also learning how to react to things differently as well! Congratulations on the weight loss!

Connie

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

HealthyHaley
on 8/15/13 1:16 am

Same thing with me....for like 5 days now, I've been down 2 lbs, up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs, up 2 lbs...won't leave!

Scott S.
on 8/15/13 1:57 am - TX

Congrats on the loss!  Net net, it is still great!

Try drinking more water.  Sometimes the sodium we introduce can flip weight by 2-3%.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 268 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 317 views