Day #2 post-op

nycaela
on 8/10/13 12:26 pm
RNY on 08/08/13

Hi everyone! I'm two days post-op and feel I'm doing really well. I stayed an extra day in the hospital because I wasn't quite ready to go home yet and didn't feel like my pain was quite manageable. So I'm home today! And I'm happy. My mom has been helping me a lot. I'm so happy to have her and she's able to take care of me. It's going to suck when she goes back to work on Monday. But I shall survive. My best friend has been a huge help too! She stayed with me my first night at the hospital. Which I loved!
Well I've been home for about 3 hours or so. As soon as I got to the couch, I fell asleep. I could barely keep my focus or keep my eyes open. So sleep it was. I've sipping on lots of water. I haven't tried anything else yet. I think I'm a little scared but I'm staying hydrated which is so important. Though I'm still sore it's gotten a lot better. And I came home with a swollen hand because of my IV site. Hoping the swelling goes down soon, it's worrying me. 

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Missy A.
on 8/10/13 12:40 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Welcome to the losers bench. Best wishes on your journey!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/10/13 1:22 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Welcome home and welcome to your new life! Glad things are going well for you! :)

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

tdbull
on 8/10/13 2:44 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Welcome home.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

E R.
on 8/10/13 5:14 pm - Switzerland

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

RNY:  4 June 2013

Ashley in Belgium
on 8/10/13 8:17 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13
Welcome home! We had surgery the same day, but I'm still in hospital til Monday. The nurse just brought me my first tray of liquids - broth- and I'm nervous! Water is going down fine so I'm sure this will too. Glad you have a good support network, that can really make all the difference!

Yey for both of us to be on the losing side!

Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

nycaela
on 8/11/13 3:25 pm
RNY on 08/08/13

Hope the broth is treating you well! As I'm typing this I'm having broth. It's the first time I've had some since my surgery. I found that Jell-O is really hard for me to get down. I'll take the smallest bite of it then swallow and it hurts. But the broth is the best! 

The whole time I was in the hospital I had ice chips and water. Before I went home I had diluted apple juice mixed with liquid potassium (because my potassium levels were low). But that was really hard to get down because of how salty the potassium tasted. BLAH! I hope I never have to go through that again!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! 

BelieveInFaith
on 8/11/13 12:40 pm - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

We had surgery the same day!  I came home yesterday and I have to say I was in some serious pain.  I feel a tad better today and I know every day will get better.  After that horrific ride home and moaning and groaning with every bump in the road, I took my pain meds and passed out on the couch.  My iv site which was in my arm is still super swollen from everything being pumped into me and then it started to leak and I had one put in my hand. 

Hang in there!!!

Never accept NO for an answer.

nycaela
on 8/11/13 3:28 pm
RNY on 08/08/13

We sure do sound like surgery twins! When I fell asleep on the couch I guess I was moaning and groaning the whole time I was sleeping and it's probably because I had had some pain. My car ride was horrible as well. Railroad tracks and potholes are the worse. I had to brace myself or I told my mom to slow down because it was hurting too much. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 79 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??