Surgery in 2 days!

Nikki_Lynn
on 8/6/13 12:40 am - OH

It has been a very long road with the dietician process and getting denied, then the appeal, etc etc. But the time has come...this Thursday is my new birthday!! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! I have never been away from my kids for that long which is super hard. Trying to get everyone packed for grandmas house and get my hospital bag packed. Speaking of which what do I pack for the hospital?

~Nikki

LosingSarah
on 8/6/13 1:19 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Congrats!! How exciting. Good luck!

Nikki_Lynn
on 8/6/13 2:14 am - OH

Thanks so much!! I've read a lot of encouraging things on here, I'm so glad I found this forum.

Ashley in Belgium
on 8/6/13 2:25 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I'm scheduled for Thursday too!  Let's try to stay connected so we can help each other through...

This question came through a few weeks ago and one of the things that came up over and over again is bring Chapstick! So I've got that packed as well as the usual things.  Good luck with your surgery.  Can't wait to be on the other side!

Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Nikki_Lynn
on 8/6/13 2:36 am - OH

That'd be great!! Thanks for the tip I hadn't heard that one!! Surgery buddies!! haha!! 

ChristinAngel
on 8/6/13 3:38 am - MA
RNY on 09/04/13

My surgery isn't until 9/4 but I've heard gas x dissolve strips

dasie
on 8/6/13 4:07 am
Best wishes for unimagined success....

aliciakes
on 8/6/13 5:47 am - NC
RNY on 06/10/13

When I had mine done almost 2 months ago, I took my Laptop, my Kindle for reading, and I do not think I did much with either.  I spent most of the time walking or napping.  Chapstick is a must, there is a long time with no drinking and only getting ice chips.  And lotion!  The biggie for me, and this is silly, i have stayed in a hospital bed before and the one thing that drove me nuts was my feet.  They got super dry, and rough, and started catching on the fibers of the sheets.  So this time, the day before surgery I gave myself a foot bath in salts.  I filed my feet, trimmed my nails, and lotion lotion lotion.

Surgery Date 6/10/2013

My journey - http://adventuresinwls.blogspot.com/

Nikki_Lynn
on 8/6/13 7:34 am - OH

Thank you all so much for the tips!! It really, really, helps!! 

BelieveInFaith
on 8/6/13 7:35 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Thursday is my big day too!  After two scheduled dates and unfortunately having them canceled, I am ready to get this part over with and join the losers bench!  Good luck!!!

Never accept NO for an answer.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 3 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views