kaap thinking about taco bell

Charliekehoe
on 8/4/13 7:20 am

i had my surgery on the 30th and i havent been able to eat anything (soup) only sugar free popsicles, i keep wanting to eat normal food,,, even though my stomach isnt hungry my mind is... :/// am i allowed to have protien shakes at this stage? im super miserable.

poet_kelly
on 8/4/13 7:23 am - OH

I don't know what your surgeon's plan is at this stage.  Didn't he or she tell you what you could and could not have?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Charliekehoe
on 8/4/13 7:24 am

not really.. i have my first appt on next wenesday

poet_kelly
on 8/4/13 7:32 am - OH

well, that is very worrisome.  I would call first thing in the morning and ask for a meal plan.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chulbert
on 8/5/13 12:11 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Seriously?  They sent you home from surgery without any rules or guidelines on what you should eat?

sarah_durso
on 8/4/13 8:44 am

Did you work with a NUT before and after surgery ? That's crazy they didn't give you a list of post op food in stages  . I had my rny dine on 7/15, I'm in the pureed stage . First week was water, sugar free jello and broth . from now up until 2 months we can have yogurt , cottage cheese, soups ( like split pea , no chunks of food or noodles)   refried beans and protein shakes .   There are some excellent books on amazon. 

sarah_durso
on 8/4/13 8:45 am

You know, if you're crazing taco bell , take some low fat refried beans, put a little taco seasonin in it and a little 2% cheese melted on top .  I do that all the time . Its really good. 

Charliekehoe
on 8/4/13 11:57 pm

ha good idea.. lol im still in the liquid stage.. i just am not sure if im allowed to have protien shakes?

aesposito
on 8/5/13 12:07 am

When you get to the point, I lived off pintos and cheese with sour cream from Taco Bell for a few months.  Good stuff, high protein, goes down smooth.  I don't believe in low fat processed foods as they often have sugar, fillers and chemicals added to make up for the low-fatness, but you can make your own low-fat version if you are sensitive to fat (which some rny-ers are).

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 268 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 317 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics