Milk or water?

walkingbear36
on 8/3/13 4:58 am - Ferndale, MI

HaPpY SaTUrDaY EvERyONe!!!

Quick question...I purchased a sample kit of Unjury protein powders. The directions say to mix with milk, water, coffee, lemonade or any other beverage I wish. Pre-surgery and post-surgery - what will I have to use? Jus****er? I'm still waiting for insurance approval but I'm remaining positive and getting ready to be assigned to the Losers Bench. Please let me know what all of you had to mix with your protein powders. Thanks!!!

lesbella
on 8/3/13 5:57 am
RNY on 07/25/13

Every program is different, but my NUT suggests mixing them with milk for the extra protein.  If you are getting all your protein otherwise, then mix with water or Crystal Light, etc.

Day_dream_believer
on 8/3/13 6:15 am

I think it is a personal preference.  When I first got out I mixed them with milk for the extra protein.  A few of the shakes tasted too rich for me with milk so I either mixed them with water or half milk and half protein.  Now I mix them with water because I no longer need the extra protein and don't want the extra calories that come from skim milk.

katycochran2013
on 8/3/13 10:21 am - GA
RNY on 12/27/12

Milk gives you more protein and tastes better.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/4/13 1:00 am
Milk also gives you carbs - sugar. 8 gr of proteins and 12 gr of sugar per 8 oz. Some people do fine with that - some dump on it. Some become lactose intolerant after RNY.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 8/3/13 7:49 am - OH

I think most protein powders are better with milk or soy milk, no****er.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Katie K.
on 8/3/13 8:08 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I never liked Unjury (except for the chicken soup flavor), so I can't really give feedback on that, but I've noticed that shakes foam a lot less with milk rather than with water. I use fat-free lactose-free milk (Walmart brand, no difference from Lactaid in taste). Works just fine for me and keeps my stomach from getting icky.

Karen R.
on 8/3/13 2:34 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Unjury is my fav protein and I mix it with milk.  Chocolate Splendor (which, for me, is just a touch better than the Classic) tastes just like old-fashioned chocolate milk.  I don't detect an aftertaste.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

walkingbear36
on 8/4/13 12:38 am - Ferndale, MI

PHEW! Thanks everyone for the milk recommendation. i'm dreading these protein shakes, the sounds of mixing them with milk instead of water sounds a little (very little) more appealing.

thanks again!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/4/13 1:03 am
Just be aware that some people become lactose intolerant.
Beside that - 8 oz of milk has 12 gr of sugar. Some people dump on that. I do.. 13 gr of sugar in a drink - and I am in trouble. (For it is not lactose intolerance ). I use unsweet coconut or almond milk and add sweeteners (I.e. stevia) if needed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics