I think my new stomach is tolerating to much

Samantha Lightner
on 8/2/13 3:17 pm
RNY on 07/30/13 with

I can eat anything so far in small portions.. what the heck?!?!?1 :( Is this not going to work for me? I am only 5 days post op

RainbowRN
on 8/2/13 3:23 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

What all have you tried to eat so far?

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/2/13 3:24 pm, edited 8/2/13 6:11 pm - OH

Many people have absolutely no problem tolerating any foods from the very beginning.  The majority of people, in fact. The surgery works by limiting the amount you can eat and by providing caloric malabsorption for about 18-24 months.  Being sick from eating is NOT part of how it helps us lose weight.  

You are just fine.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/13 3:44 pm

i was like that but today i tried eating a jello and it hurt i  guess my stomach just got molded to the way its suppose to be because the first few days aswell i was able to eat just fine but not today

sarah_durso
on 8/2/13 3:52 pm

I've been OK with everything too. But I haven't gone of my surgeons food list. 

Laccygurl
on 8/2/13 5:45 pm - Paso Robles, CA
I am almost three months out, and I have not had any problem with any thing I have tryed. I have keept to my docs dite, but I can not eat to much at a time.

Laurie
Annasbell
on 8/2/13 8:33 pm - Arcadia, FL
RNY on 09/12/12

Just because you CAN does not mean you SHOULD.  Remember to take this time to retrain your self.  This is about changing your habits, not just your body.  Change what you eat, when you eat it and how you eat it.

Eat small frequent meals of protein dense, healthy foods.  Chew well.  Take your time with each bite.  Learn new habits that will last a life time.  Moderation.

Watch the weight roll off...and stay off.

Anna

RNY (lap) 9/12/2012 |  Michel Murr |  SW243 | 5'6"

Ingrid K.
on 8/2/13 10:01 pm - Canada
I was exactly the same. I was really worried that it wasn't going to work for me. I could drink no problem, I didn't feel full, I had no nausea, no pain and didn't loose weight for a week. DONT WORRY . The advise I got was great and true. Some people have an easy recovery and that doesn't affect your weight loss(if you stick to your plan). Your body is trying to figure out what the heck just happened. Give it time as you are healing. Get in your water!!! Get as much protein as you can. Take yiur vitamines. Walking is good. And follow your nutritional plan. Have faith that if you follow the guidelines the weight will come off when your body is ready. And don't panic. Treat yourself well. Take measurement so you can refer to them when you hit stalls and enjoy the ride . All the best to you my dear
April M.
on 8/2/13 11:51 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

Just keep to your Doc's instructions.  Remember that you are still healing and that is why the guidelines are there. I am almost five months out and I can tolerate pretty much anything as well. However, it does vary day to day and I don't deviate from the plan I was given. Don't worry as long as you are feeling good and losing weight. If you go off track, your labs and numbers won't lie.  Also remember that not all of us lose at the same rate.  Focus on lean protein and getting your water and vitamins in. Best wishes on your journey :)

poet_kelly
on 8/3/13 1:33 am - OH

What have you eaten at just five days out that you thought your stomach would not tolerate?  Are you not sticking to your surgeon's plan?  Because your surgeon would not put anything on your plan that is not easily tolerated by most people at just five days out.  Your surgeon would not have designed a plan meant to make  you feel ill.  He would have designed a plan consisting of foods most people tolerate well.  If you are sticking to your plan and tolerating it well, then yes, this is working for you just like it's supposed to. 

Now, if you are not following your plan at just five days out, I would be concerned that this might not work out well for you.  If that's the case, i suggest talking to your surgeon and to a therapist about why you are sabotaging yourself and how you can get control of your food choices.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 50 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views