Sooo I weighed myself 3 days post op

Samantha Lightner
on 8/2/13 8:55 am
RNY on 07/30/13 with

Not what I wanted to see. When I went into surgery I weighed 234lbs and today i weigh 237lbs. I know it's probably from all the fluids etc, but it was kind of depressing. 

Not sure if I am eating enough. I am putting liquids first, protein 2nd and anything else a bit enjoyable 3rd, 

Today I have ate 1oz chili juice, 1/4 oz of light yogurt, 1/2 ounce of cottage cheese and water.. And I am far from being hungry. 

It's defintely weird because my hubby gets paid on fridays so we'd usually go out to eat/ eat out every weekend and now I just don't know what to do. I am still letting him of course even though he feels bad. But I just dont know what to do. please don't tell me to take a walk, ive been walking all day (as much as I can.. 

Any advice? And when did you all start to see the weight loss start?

Thanks ahead of time. 

wrussell3
on 8/2/13 9:04 am - NC

Don't weigh yourself right now because you will only be disappointed.  Personally, I was on a liquid diet after surgery for 2 weeks.  The most important I can tell you is DON"T FRET!  It works, and it will work for you.  Give it time. 

heather_leigh1990
on 8/2/13 9:08 am

I gained 12lbs of fluids after surgery. By 1week post op, i had lost all the water weight and an additional 6lbs i believe it was. The walking isnt for losing the fluids its just for gas and to prevent bloodclots. 

Samantha Lightner
on 8/2/13 9:11 am
RNY on 07/30/13 with

Thanks so much for replying :) 

kinny09
on 8/2/13 9:35 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

On the day of discharge my surgeon said "I have one big piece of advice from you, don't weigh yourself for a week". Anytime you have surgery (this was my 3rd surgery) you will always gain weight from all of the fluids and retention, some gain upwards of 10 lbs. or more.

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Velma44
on 8/2/13 10:41 am

Yep, same thing happened to me. Now I'm at 22 days out and 14lbs down.

sarah_durso
on 8/2/13 11:14 am

Wait a week and then weigh . I was up 13 lbs after surgery. They pump you full of medicine & fluid.   It'll come off, just be patient.  

dessalves
on 8/2/13 11:20 am

I know it is really hard but I only weight myself on the doctor's office. I know I am following the diet and doing everything the doctor told me to, so I try and focus on that and let the weight loss be just a consequence. If I keep weighting myself all the time I will only get anxious of how fast/slow the numbers are changing.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/13 12:09 pm

I did the exact same thing you did three days after surgery and as well only 1 or 2 lbs lost then i was thinking this did not work but how everyone says here give it time i weight my self today after 2weeks post op and down 10lbs so just wait for maybe 2weeks and you will see it it will come lol

lesbella
on 8/2/13 12:48 pm
RNY on 07/25/13

I did the same thing!  I gained 8 pounds in the hospital.  I went for my 1 week checkup today, and I am down 10 pounds from my pre surgery weight.  Just give it a few days.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 295 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 251 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics