3 Days Post Op and...

Samantha Lightner
on 8/1/13 5:12 am
RNY on 07/30/13 with

I am hungry ?! What is up with that? Right now I am on clear liquids until I am released tonight, then my NUT told me I could go to liquid diet phase 2 so then I'll be able to eat cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding, applesauce, cream soups. And I'll be drinking protein shakes, water (with flavoring is okay they said) 

I asked the nurse if I could have jell-o & she said no which makes me sad because was really looking forward to a jell-o. But Anyways, do any of you remember the weight loss week 1-4?

I have been drinking liquidslike crazy, so that can't be it. could i be confusing gas pains with hunger pains? 

Thanks in advanced 

dessalves
on 8/1/13 5:18 am

Well I can't help you with the hunger problems because I am definitely not feeling hungry but as I am 2 weeks out I can tell you about my weight lost. I have lost 33 lbs in 15 days so I believe it is an awesome response. Hope that helps you!

chulbert
on 8/1/13 5:21 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

It is probably what most people call "head hunger."  Your belly is not telling you to be hungry but your brain notices the change in routine.

Samantha Lightner
on 8/1/13 5:33 am
RNY on 07/30/13 with

Will it always be this way? I sure hope not :*(

hibbyangel
on 8/1/13 6:41 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13
I cant say i ever feel hungry..but i have started to understand my new signals for feeds me before you die. Maybe its gas..but i had full fluid and jello at the hospital

Jaybomb
on 8/1/13 6:57 am

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and I personally have had any hunger pains. I actually have to remind myself to eat so I will eat multiple times a day or else I don't think I would all day. Personally I felt the gas pain in my upper shoulders and I was very very bloated after surgery. But time and walking will eventually relieve the pressure. As for the wt loss its hard for me to tell how much I've lost because of using different scales. I've I had to guess I would say maybe 5 or 10 pounds. I hope this helped.

Cbaker1163
on 8/1/13 7:35 am
Revision on 07/12/13

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks post op for me---I saw the dr today and I am down 39lbs!!! I was ecstatic. Your body is still healing---the "hunger" is in your head, and that will be your biggest battle--it's certainly mine! Especially if I see someone eating something I want. But you just gotta think how much better you are gonna feel in a couple months! 

ebtiger24
on 8/1/13 9:57 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I get hungry. It's different than before but my stomach growls and calls out for food. 

leisac
on 8/1/13 10:01 am - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13

Reflux can also mimic hunger so maybe that might be something to consider. 

Leisa

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/13 10:06 pm

im still on a liquid diet myself and yes also feeling hungry but i guess its just head hunger so they say, my nut told me  sugar free jello was ok so i eat that drink lots o water and crystal light eat home made chicken soup of course just the broth  not the veggies  which i did cheat one day and ate a soft carrot and it was sooo good and i felt fine also i eat sugar free fudge popsicles,this is the hardest part of i i think but  you can do itmail

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 26 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views