Hunger

gracesmadonna
on 7/31/13 1:19 pm - Hudson Falls, NY

Need help.... I was doing so well for a little while.  I have lost 50 pounds since surgery on May 22, and 80 total from pre-op on.  Well the past two to three days I have been so hungry.  I mean more than head hunger, my belly growls and all.  Even soon after I eat I feel hungry again.  I thought maybe gas (can gas make you feel hungry??) so took gas medicine.  Seems a little better today, but so nervous.  I even called my doc.  He can't see me until Aug. 8th.  It took a lot for me to have this surgery and I do not want to mess it up.  What could be going on? 

JaneJetson60
on 7/31/13 2:26 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Many people get their hunger back.  This is not unusual. Did you know this??  Many people think they will not be hungry for years. NOT.  Mine came about around 4 or 5 months and this is why it's is so important to learn how to work your program.  I don't know how often your plan has you eating, or allowing protein snacks.  I eat 5 to 6 times a day, in order to keep from hunger and keeping glucose levels normal.  I am sorry if this is going to disappoint you, but the real work has yet to come when you finally go into maintenance.  Research on here, read the long term vets posts about how they have managed to keep the weight off.  This is really the easy part, because the malabsorbtion is at work.  Also know the quickest weight loss occurs the first 5 to 6 months and that is so important to utilize those first  6 months after that our body starts really slowing down at 9 months and even more at a year.  Doesn't mean you are done by any means but things do slow down.  Keep up the good work, keep on program and keep coming on here.  I wish you much success and hang tight, you can do this.  Jane  kiss

gracesmadonna
on 7/31/13 2:46 pm - Hudson Falls, NY

Oh thank you.  I have actually had hunger off and on.  Just really wondering how I can eat than feel hungry right after.  I was told to eat three meals and two protein shakes.  I am going to do the five to six small meals though.  Maybe that will help.

poet_kelly
on 8/1/13 3:52 am - OH

Solid protein will keep you feeling full a lot longer than protein shakes.  LIquids don't stay in your pouch long at all.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Silverbelle69
on 7/31/13 7:58 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

As the months went by, the hungrier I got.  I was afraid to increase calories but thats what my nutritionist advised so thats what I did.   Always protein first, carbs from fruit/veggies only.  I now eat 4 planned meals plus 1 snack.  I do get hungry every 3 hours.   If you are getting physically hungry, eat something on your plan every 3-4 hours.   If its head hunger, try to divert your attention elsewhere.  Hope that helps.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/13 1:48 am
I am only 6 weeks out and am hungry all the time. Not head hunger but growling pouch hunger so I changed to 4 to 5 small meals per day if I need more I drink another protein shake. Now that I am eating more my weight loss has increased so I am guessing I was not feeding myself enough.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views