Had my surgery

Charliekehoe
on 7/31/13 6:41 am

I am so sore and swollen, and how do u take the medicine when you cant drink enough to swollow the pills... 

poet_kelly
on 7/31/13 6:46 am - OH

I don't know how.  I was able to drink enough to swallow pills.  Ask your doctor what to do if you can't drink enough to swallow a pill.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

heather_leigh1990
on 7/31/13 6:49 am

ask for a liquid med. Thats what they gave me without my even asking. I'm a little surprised they gave u pills. the liquid version is nasty as hell but it does the trick lol

Charliekehoe
on 7/31/13 6:53 am

ya they gave me 4 pills, and i cant do it, my throat is swollen and i cant seem to get comfortable.. does it get better :(( 

heather_leigh1990
on 7/31/13 6:56 am

yes it does get better. For me during the first 2days, it felt like it would never be better again. day 3 was a little better and day 5 I felt fine except for feeling a little weak. I know it doesnt help with the pain now but keep telling yourself that it wont stay this way for long

Missella20
on 7/31/13 6:57 am
RNY on 07/11/13

I think the first 2 days they put it in my iv.

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Charliekehoe
on 7/31/13 7:03 am

I had my surgery yesterday mormimg. and i was discharged an hour ago... when the took the she drain out, i thought i was gonna die.. it hurt so bad... and i can barely move or get comfortable... 

Findingme2013
on 7/31/13 8:00 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I too had liquid.  I only had to take it a couple days after my surgery, then I was good to go!

dessalves
on 7/31/13 8:14 am

So sorry to hear that you are this uncomfortable!! I stayed longer in the hospital so I just had to swallow on day 4 or 5 and had no problem with the amount of water I was supposed to be drinking anyway, but if you are having problems talk to your doctor!! I'm sure there is something he can do about it. Hope you feel better soon and hang in there, it does get better, I am 2 weeks out and in the early stages felt just as you are feeling right now.

nakea31
on 7/31/13 9:20 am - AL

Hi There,

I just had my surgery also on July 29th and i can relate. I too am sore, swollen and gassy. My stomach keeps making noises every time i eat. My surgeon gave me liquid pain meds and have me two other meds in pill form he have me prilosac and a nausea medicine he told me to break apart the prilosac and crush the nausea pill in some no sugar added applesauce or clear broth he also ordered me to drink 2 oz of water every 15 minutes so i can increase my water intake over time the says this will help me not become dehydrated.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 262 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 212 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 314 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 142 views
Recent Topics