HELP!!!!

RubyRoo
on 7/29/13 10:45 am - Canada

I am about to friggin lose it! I don't know what to do??? RNY January 10, 2013 and its been 6 months. For the past 2 months my weight has been the same exact number 207!!!! Started at 273. I have just started on BCP (birth control pill) for two months now, could this be a reason??? I could do better with my water intake. I am getting 75-90 gm protein. Taking all my vitamins. Exercising 3-4 times a week and NOTHING is moving....I want to cry! Please someone tell me that this is not the end of my weight loss...please ........please someone shed some light for me??

Called and spoke with a dietician today and she was just a ***** Told me nothing that I don't already know, she was no help at all. I actually feel like calling the office and complaining about her because she was just very rude. Offered no help whatsoever. I really  wished that I had asked to speak with someone else...I hung up the phone with her feeling no help or guidance.

HW: 294   Pre-Op W: 273  SW: 265

Surgery on: January 10, 2013 With Dr. L Klein at HRRH

Laura in Texas
on 7/29/13 10:49 am

Are you taking your measurements? Are you losing inches? How many calories a day are you eating? Are you weighing/measuring your portions and tracking it somewhere like myfitnesspal?? How many grams of carbs??

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

RubyRoo
on 7/29/13 10:53 am - Canada

I haven't taken my measurements in a while but I think i might tonight. As for calories and carbs..I dont know and I am thinking that its about time that I sign onto my fitness pal. As for portions I am eating about a cup each meal.

Melissa Nicely
on 7/29/13 11:34 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

Go back to the basics and start keeping track of all your food and liquid intake. The BCP might have something to do with it, can they switch you to one that doesn't have estogen in it?  Sometimes if we don't get enough calories in in a day it puts our bodies in "starvation" mode where all incoming calories are stored cause the body thinks it's not getting enough food. Try changing up your diet a bit, or add a different exercise routine. Your body might have gotten use to what you are doing now and it's not working for you like it use to.

RubyRoo
on 7/29/13 11:52 am - Canada

Thank you Melissa. I am planning on starting over first thing tomorrow morning!! I am going to speak with my doctor about the bcp....you may be right! Thank you for your kind words! 

surfmind
on 7/29/13 4:19 pm
I was in a stall for 12-13 weeks ..scale just moved this past Sunday. ...our surgery dates are close too...my nerves were shot ....it will start again.
RubyRoo
on 7/30/13 4:57 am - Canada

God I pray it does! Thank you for your encouragement :)

Katie K.
on 7/29/13 9:20 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Birth control will make you gain weight. I think there's also supposed to be a stall around 6 months? I'd try not to worry about it because it will stop eventually. I just got out of the three week stall. I didn't lose any weight at all for two weeks and lost 4 pounds just this weekend (I weigh every day because I"m interested in the ups and downs and am prepared for stalls).

RubyRoo
on 7/30/13 4:56 am - Canada

That is the reason why I didn't want to start on BCP, but I went a whole year of bleeding everyday so I needed to start on it. My hormones are so out of whack!  I am trying to remain calm but its so hard! Thank you for your kind words my friend! :)

Suzi S.
on 7/30/13 2:34 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 01/14/13

We started this process at about the same time (January 14, 2013) and my weight loss has been very slow lately.  I've found that changing things up can help.  I switch from using the elliptical to rowing or the stationary bike.  I up my weight or increase the reps. with my strength training.  Besides my liquids and protein, I track my calories and try taking them.  Sometimes adding calories is the trick versus reducing them.   Your body learns to adapt to its environment and sometimes weight loss benefits from confusing your muscles and giving your body the calories it thinks it needs. 

Good luck!

RNY:  1/14/2013, HW:  220, SW: 207, CW:  182.8, GW:  125

Most Active