SAMPLES OF PROTEIN SHAKES

walkingbear36
on 7/27/13 7:54 am - Ferndale, MI

Hi all!

While I'm gathering all the information for insurance company approval, I thought I'd better start sampling some protein shakes so I know what I'll be drinking  post surgery. I think I saw something posted on here (maybe by you Kelly) that I can order "samples" of the shakes? If that's correct would someone please tell me where I can do that and from whom.

I really enjoy reading about your journeys on here. I can't wait to post some of my own.

Thanks all!

PetHairMagnet
on 7/27/13 8:03 am
RNY on 05/13/13

If you have The Vitamin Shoppe near you, go there and see what single shake pouches they sell from Syntrax and any other maker. I do a lot of mixing and matching, rarely do I just drink one flavor as is, unless it is RTD.

You can also buy them on Amazon. Several places will have sample days when you can try them, but made the way THEY make them...water, coconu****er, whatever, so if you are going to use say yogurt or flax milk, the texture and final flavor will be different.

Hope that was helpful!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

walkingbear36
on 7/27/13 8:28 am - Ferndale, MI

i think there is a Vitamin Shoppe at the mall, i'll check it out.

THANKS!

Cbaker1163
on 7/27/13 8:22 am
Revision on 07/12/13

Yes--I ordered sample packs yesterday, from Unjury and Syntrax, bot have sample packs that come with different flavors. Looking forward to their arrival!

walkingbear36
on 7/27/13 8:28 am - Ferndale, MI

I've seen "Unjury" posted on here a lot - i'll give it a try as well as Syntrax.

THANKS!

walkingbear36
on 7/27/13 8:30 am - Ferndale, MI

Oops...wait...one more question...what should i look for when purchasing them? no sugar? carbs? protein?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/13 12:30 pm - OH

The best ones have no or very few carbs and sugar (under 5g) and at least 20g of protein for about 100 calories.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Ingrid K.
on 7/27/13 8:52 am - Canada
I bought some before I went for my surgery (I was trying to be super prepared). I liked it before surgery, but after I couldn't stand it. I have heard others post them same thing from time to time. Just something to think about
walkingbear36
on 7/27/13 8:56 am - Ferndale, MI

hmmm....good point.

i just ordered a sample kit of Unjury - maybe after i try those i'll wait until after surgery to see what sits well with me.

THANKS!

bneill38
on 7/27/13 11:50 am
Well when i started my journey i went online and found tons of places if i emailed them they offered me free sample.then i blog a review for them.it lets you try before you buy. Bariatric fusion, bjsbariatrics. Com, bariatric advantage- call them for sample,about time, syntax,protein liquid new whey try at own risk,etc
Message me if you need more...
Most Active
Recent Topics