Help very sad!!

aspanishdancer
on 7/25/13 5:14 pm - Covington, GA

Ok the last time I weigh myself was on July 16 and I weighed 483 and it's been 9 days I even got a new scale thinking mine might be broke nope my weight has not moved none well I take that back like the scal will read 483.2 or like 483.6 the oz fluctuate I'm doing everything I'm suppost to di here is a sample of what I eat during the days 

breakfast teriyaki chicken with retried beans fat free of course I weigh out my meals they are 4oz and for snack I had 1/2 oz of pork skins and skipped lunch that normal inner I had same thing isn't want to waste the chicken or retried beans and then I had my pure protein shake I fix 8oz of skim milk with. Half a banana and ice and one scoop of 25grams of my protein powder and 3-4 pack of Splenda I dont know ht I'm doing wrong for 

sarah_durso
on 7/25/13 5:25 pm

Didn't you have WLS just a few weeks ago ?  You're not still on the pureed stage ?   Don't think pork skins is on that list.  Pork is one of the hardest meats to digest also.   I would stick with lean chicken or turkey .   This is what my surgeon requires the first 2 months out : up to 4 oz a meal , chicken/turkey , yogurt,cottage cheese, tofu, refried beans , black beans, etc .  3 food meals then 3 100 cal snacks ( protein shakes) .  If I were you I would go get some little 2 oz cups and put your meals in that. Then you know you're not eating to much.     

Good luck !

aspanishdancer
on 7/25/13 5:39 pm - Covington, GA

I had surgery 31/2weeks 5 days I'll be one month out but no absolute not in puréed stage my doctor has us go through stages the first stage starts from the day after surgery to day seven thats the clear liquid stage then from day seven to day fourteen that's the second phase and that's full liquid then from day fourteen to day twenty one that's phase three puréed/soft foods stage then from day twenty one and for the rest of my life I'm in stage four and I introduce food one t a time but my nutritionist approve the pork skins in phase three becaus if u wet then they are very smooth anyhow I am eating the chicken ur talking about I marinate it in teriyaki sauce but a serving size is two tbsp I doubt I eat two tbsp because it's a marinate also I measure all my food to four oz I never go over my oz never I stay and stick to every guidelines my doctor has gave me idk I really just don't get it...

aspanishdancer
on 7/25/13 5:43 pm - Covington, GA

Also I wanted to tell u I have not been nauseated or sick at all never I'm very lucky but everything I have introduced to my body I have done great with wait a min I take that back I didn't do good with eggs I threw them up but I think I ate the to fast or I ate to much but I measured four oz eggs have a dense texture so I'm not sure if that's why I filled up quickly on them or ate to much ???

BWB
on 7/26/13 2:03 am

Eggs are hard for most WLS patients early out but it is easier if they are soft (runny yolk) or lightly scrambled.  Break an egg in a non-stick skillet, add a little skimmed milk with seasonings and use a whip (or fork) to keep them light until just set.  Oh, forgot I added a slice of low fat cheese when they are almost done.  If you eat small bites and wait a few seconds between bites you will be more successful.  One egg is probably all you will be able to eat at this time.

Be careful of salty foods.  The pork rinds and teriyaki sauce normally are high in salt.  You will retain water with salt.  I think the advice you got on the pork is wrong.   I wouldn't eat them ever.... that is my opinion.  Try chicken with lemon juice, fresh rosemary, onion, garlic, paprika, pepper. 

sarah_durso
on 7/25/13 6:03 pm

Well, other than talking to your NUT  sounds like you're doing everything you should be.   You're still in your first month. The body is adjusting to things.  Give it time.  But get out there and do some exercise too.  Walk or something. Anything to burn calories .  At your weight you should be dropping a lot the first 3 months.   

aspanishdancer
on 7/25/13 6:30 pm - Covington, GA

I excercise 5-6 days a week for 30 mins it's not too much but that's the best I can do until I get more strength up it's really bothersome because like u said at my weight I should be dropping my weight and fast if not fast deftly some hell nothing for almost two weeks I mean WTH excuse my french I thank u for taking ur tie out to try and figure out what I need to do but I really am doing it and it six not getting result but hey I'm not going to give up came way to far to give up now lol

CPA_Loser
on 7/25/13 8:13 pm - WA
I think you may have unrealistic expectations. From all the research I have done and the hundreds and hundreds of posts I have read, it seems like your body will go through several phases. Many times you will have a stall period that can last weeks followed by a period of rapid weight loss. For example, You could lose 20 pounds in a single week and then not lose for 3 weeks and then lose like 15 pounds the 4th week. This is a major change for your body and it is in survival mode. From everything I have read, this is totally normal. I would focus on following the diet and getting in what exercise you can and not focus on the scale number. It WILL move.

Good luck. Im sure if you stick to your diet and exercise, in a few months you will be seeing huge changes. Just be patient and realistic with your expectations!
Miamos
on 7/25/13 8:44 pm - OH
It is not uncommon to gain and not lose during to first weeks after surgery. First they pumped you full of gas and it takes a while for your body to get rid of it all, plus all the fluids they pumped you full of. Second your body is going"what the heck" remember you just cut your stomach in two and and now you are barely feeding it, so it is trying to adjust and hold on to every thing you put in because it thinks you are starving it. A lot of people have the 3 week stall. For me, I would not lose anything then all of a sudden drop then not lose and all then drop again, I have never lost like a pound or two a day and I a weigh every day which in return is frustrating. And when I get frustrated people say well don't weigh everyday, but I feel it helps me with the accountability factor. So just don't panic yet it will happen just takes time.
PetHairMagnet
on 7/25/13 9:25 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On July 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM Pacific Time, aspanishdancer wrote:

Ok the last time I weigh myself was on July 16 and I weighed 483 and it's been 9 days I even got a new scale thinking mine might be broke nope my weight has not moved none well I take that back like the scal will read 483.2 or like 483.6 the oz fluctuate I'm doing everything I'm suppost to di here is a sample of what I eat during the days 

breakfast teriyaki chicken with retried beans fat free of course I weigh out my meals they are 4oz and for snack I had 1/2 oz of pork skins and skipped lunch that normal inner I had same thing isn't want to waste the chicken or retried beans and then I had my pure protein shake I fix 8oz of skim milk with. Half a banana and ice and one scoop of 25grams of my protein powder and 3-4 pack of Splenda I dont know ht I'm doing wrong for 

You posted last week about the pork skins and I think pretty much EVERYONE said that was not a food you should be eating.

3 or 4 packs of Splenda!? Why do you need it at all?

I think you need to do some serious counseling if this is a legitimate post. Because I am sorry--but I just don't buy 90% of your posts as being legit.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 294 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views