Cheated

Samantha Lightner
on 7/25/13 1:27 pm
RNY on 07/30/13 with

Okay so I've been on this two week liquid diet and I have surgery Tuesday.. I have cheated some and I am just freaking out because I don't know what to do. I am afraid that they're going to cancel my surgery when I tell them. I know that I shouldn't have done it and that I should've stuck to it to a T but I just couldn't help it.. I don't know I am just really stressed and have soo many different emotions running through my mind. I feel like I have no will power, and that I am going to fail at this surgery... I think that it's just everything at once.. But I just don't know... ANY ADVICE?!

BWB
on 7/25/13 1:30 pm, edited 7/25/13 1:30 pm

You can always postpone it until you get it figured out.  It would be easier for you in the long run.  The surgery alone doesn't change your habits.  You need to do that before hand and make sure that they will be permanent  for life.  It is serious surgery and a new discipline is required to manage your nutrition and health care for the rest of your life.  If you can't help yourself when tempted with rich yummy food then you need to think hard about what you will be doing.  It isn't easily reversable.

poet_kelly
on 7/25/13 1:39 pm - OH

They probably won't cancel surgery unless you've been eating a LOT of stuff not on the prescribed diet.

However, if you feel like you won't have the will or whatever to stick to the recommended post op diet, you might want to get some therapy before you have surgery, or at least be in therapy when you have surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Samantha Lightner
on 7/25/13 1:45 pm
RNY on 07/30/13 with

I haven't completely cheated,I have stuck to it for the most part. The foods I have eaten are healthier foods. But I really don't want to postpone or reschedule.. :(

Samantha Lightner
on 7/25/13 1:54 pm
RNY on 07/30/13 with

I do want to add in that I lost 20lbs during my 6 months evaluation, cut out most fast food and pop. 

cajungirl
on 7/25/13 2:05 pm
You do want to mention it to your doctor. I didn't have to do an all liquid diet that can't be easy to do.

Your emotions may be all over the place for a while. Journal tour thoughts and if necessary seek out a therapist to work through the changes.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Samantha Lightner
on 7/25/13 2:36 pm
RNY on 07/30/13 with

I heard that the liquid diet is to shrink your liver before surgery.. I just don't know why some people only have to do a one day liquid diet and some people have to do a 2 week liquid diet. If someone could explain that'd be awesome. 

sarah_durso
on 7/25/13 3:29 pm

I had rny last week. We weren't required to lose weight or go on a liquid diet.  I was fine during and after .

tdbull
on 7/25/13 2:57 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I don't have any pre surgery diet restrictions except nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before my surgery. I've always wondered why different surgeons have different per op diet restrictions.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Ladyintheloop
on 7/25/13 3:46 pm - TX
RNY on 07/08/13

As a very general statement, I think everybody cheats here and there.  There are some exceptions but they aren't better than the rest of us. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views