Newbie needs serious advice please someone that know the answer or has experienced this

aspanishdancer
on 7/23/13 2:38 am - Covington, GA

I ate two eggs and fix four slices of sandwich turkey breast meat the really thin slices I weigh my food I always make 4 oz serving sizes and never go over that anyhow today when I ate about a third of my food I put the rest of it down thinking I might have had enough I don't know what I was experiencing if I was full or if my food was stuck all I know is the reason I stopped is because it felt like my food was backing up through my esophagus and then about five mins later I started getting nauseated and I threw up everything I ate what do u think happened do u think it got stuck or I ate to much and got to full please I need some advice???

poet_kelly
on 7/23/13 2:39 am - OH

You probably ate too much or too fast or didn't chew well enough.

When you feel better, try something easy like yogurt or a protein shake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Katie K.
on 7/23/13 2:40 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Are you measuring your food by weight or by volume? We need to measure by volume because that's how we're restricted. Some foods are heavier (by weight) than others, but only a certain volume will fit in our pouches.

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/13 2:41 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/13

It happens.  Make sure you're taking small bites and chewing a ton before swallowing.  First time I vomited it was because I swallowed too big a bite of egg and it (and everything I ate after it) came back up.

Kelly has the right idea...try something easy once your stomach settles.

ebtiger24
on 7/23/13 4:01 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

It happens. I am 7 months out and had to return to sender last night. I just didn't chew something well enough. That was the first time in 2-3 months, but it happens. 

BWB
on 7/23/13 4:17 am

Almost 2 years out and it happens to me but not as often as in the beginning,   It is when I eat too fast usually.  It's so easy to forget when you are late to something or maybe wait too long to eat and I am feeling hungry.  I haven't thrown up lately but do get the tight feeling in my chest.  Lately I get full very fast and rather than stuff it down to clean my plate, I put it in refrigerator for a late snack.  I call it my TAV....turn-around-victory.  I'm turning my old bad habits into new good habits.  

soontoshrink
on 7/23/13 5:00 am - GA
RNY on 03/21/13

I'm four months out and, even at this point, I get nauseous even thinking about eating four ounces of food. Things like chicken salad or ham salad, I can eat two ounces. Turkey, lean beef, or fish I can do - at most - an ounce and a half. I chew my food very well and wait two minutes between bites. I'm a little obsessive-compulsive about it, but I even wear a timer watch to time my bites. As a result, I rarely get any backtalk from the pouch (although I've had my share).  I'd really look at the following in your case:  1. The volume of food that you are eating, 2. How well you're chewing your food, and 3. time between bites.

Hope this helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 290 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 296 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 287 views