A little Confused???

aspanishdancer
on 7/12/13 3:07 pm - Covington, GA

Ok peps I'm 12days post-op which is almost 2weeks now its seems like I'm eating way too much because I can eat 4oz of cream of mushroom soup and then a popsicle and I'm not full I fill somewhat satisfied but I could still eat more and then for lunch I can do the 4oz again I'm so worried I think the surgeon made my stomach too big should I try to eat as much as I can just so I know how far to push myself I mean it's going to happen by accident or on purpose because I fee liked can eat ANYTHING now I'm not going to do that I'm a hypocondract  and if I was not to listen to my doctor I would think I was dieing because I didn't listen so no worries I will conti.... To always listen to my doc the only concern for me is knowing my limit because I think my stomach can hold a lot idk I'm so confused I hope he did my stomac right please I need advice I'm still on a full liquid diet I also want to ask is their a big difference in eating cream of mushroom soup like all the creamed soup mix with water to make even more stupider or creamier and eating meat will the meat make u more full do yall think if I can eat 4oz of liquid I could eat 4oz of chicken please I need as much advice and comments I can get thanks obestityhelp community...

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/13 4:19 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/13

My suggestion would be to stick to the 4 oz.  Don't pu**** You could stretch your pouch, which we don't want to have happen.  Just stay with the program prescribed by your surgeon.  Make sure you're getting in protein.  I know that I can push to about 5 oz. but I try to stick to 4 because at 5 I feel over full.

Silverbelle69
on 7/12/13 8:01 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

Yes I would keep portions at 4oz or under for now just in case your full signal is temporarily broken.  In theory you wouldn't be able to eat the same amount of a dense protein, but if you can, try to keep those portions under 4oz. too for a while.  I tried to find protein rich foods and drinks that I liked. (I won't eat what I don't like - too much like a diet)    I try to rarely eat anything that doesn't have more protein than carbs.  Hope that helps.

Katie K.
on 7/12/13 9:43 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

You will NOT stretch your pouch with liquids. It's physically impossible. Pouches are like funnels. There is no valve at the bottom to keep things in, just a hole.

It will be completely different once you progress through the stages. You will either feel full, or will know when you've had enough/too much to eat. The problem is that liquids don't stay in your pouch. Once you get food in there, it sits there until it either passes through or you drink something too soon and wa**** through.

I don't know how different I am, but I felt full with liquid protein. It's definitely a learning curve when you progress through the stages. There is nothing wrong with you right now..

Just keep posting if you have questions. I don't think any questions are dumb. I really appreciate the vets who answer the same questions almost daily. I haven't seen them treat anyone as stupid. These issues are new for every person experiencing them.

Dee.spunk
on 7/12/13 11:08 pm - Sacramento, CA
Even if you don't have the full signal it is important to stop. The nerves in your new pouch have been cut so you may not feel full right away, but it is important to get into the habit of measuring and stopping when done.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

BWB
on 7/13/13 2:43 am

4 ounces of soup is going to feel a lot different from 4 ounces of chicken.  A LOT!  It is better to stop when you are no longer hungry and save it for a little later.  You will get the protein that you  need.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 3:43 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I will say that COM soup is a slider and will pass through you quickly AND it does not have protein (unless you are adding some) so you won't feel full for very long.

At two weeks out (and frankly, even now) I am only putting protein and liquids in my body. COM would not be a choice for me.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 1 replies · 10 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views