Day 5 of pre-op diet and bad headaches

CjHOhio
on 7/13/13 1:37 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

So, I am on day 5 of my 2 week liquid pre-ep diet.  I have been having bad headaches, feel light headed, tired, and no energy.  I get my protein in, I have been tracking everything and I am getting right around 72 g of protein.  The worst part is I cannot seem to concentrate either and I work customer service.  I run a register and stock, and I am terribly afraid that I am going to make an error when giving change and come up short...Silly worries huh?

Anyways, I think I just needed to vent the way I am feeling.  Other than having co \-workers who do nothing but talk about food and the way I have been feeling, it has been easier than I though.  I have not felt insanely hungry, although I at times think I miss the chewing part of eating so I just grab a SF popsicle and that helps.

Thanks for letting me rant :)

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 3:20 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Don't forget gum, it is helpful if you want to chew, but not eat.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

CjHOhio
on 7/13/13 8:49 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Thanks!  I will have to see if I am allowed gum, hopefully so :)

jensieck76
on 7/13/13 4:20 am - TX
Rant away! We all know how bad it sucks!!! Your detoxing off everything of course your gonna feel crappy. Keep up the good work its worth it!!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

CjHOhio
on 7/13/13 8:49 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Thanks so much!  I am sticking to it of course, it took me forever to get here and I am not compromising that.  

gentlyonward
on 7/13/13 4:21 am - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

That sounds exactly like what I go through when my body is facing sugar withdrawal... It stinks but does get better! I'm usually OK again by about day seven... Sorry I don't have any helpful advice, but there's light at the end of the tunnel, you're doing great!! :)

CjHOhio
on 7/13/13 8:50 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Glad to know!  So hopefully just a couple more days before I feel better :)

Careecans9801
on 7/13/13 4:41 am - cohocton, NY

You Can Do It!! The first week is by far the hardest. Soon enough you wont even realize that you are on a liquid diet. The headaches will subside I promise!!

Surgery Date 1/14/13

CjHOhio
on 7/13/13 8:51 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Cannot wait for the headaches to be gone!  I think that is the hardest part at this point.  Thanks :)

Hvfaith
on 7/13/13 4:48 am - St Albert, Canada

I am glad my doc did only a one day before surgery liquid diet, I don't know how everyone does it!  Amazing!  Anyway, when I have had a couple issues after surgery I have been on liquids, it was suggested to me to avoid caffeine during that time as it could make headaches worse.  Not sure how helpful that is for you, but it's all I've got.  Cheers you are doing great, good luck!  You'll find your fuzzy brain will greatly improve in a short while, in the, meantime, take your time doing your work, you are medically compromised and need healing, even pre-op liquid phase.  If necessary tell your employer you are working through a medical issue and might need a bit of understanding.  

HW: 360 lbs; 1st Clinic Weighin: 343.7 lbs; SW: 318 lbs; LW 221lbs; Regain 256lbs  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 4 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views