Unjury soup and Protein powders

browneyes65
on 7/12/13 4:27 pm - IN

Has everyone used these, do I need them . A friend of mine told me she never used any shakes or soup that was ordered she just used broth from the store and she could not stand protein drinks, she is five years out and is doing great. If I was to order the Unjury soup when I get surgery how long does it usually take to arrive?

Karen R.
on 7/12/13 4:41 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Unjury is my favorite brand of protein.  I love their chocolate flavored powders, particularly the Chocolate Splendor, which when mixed with milk tastes just like chocolate milk.  I have the chicken soup and unflavored powders as well.  I even bought their cheese sauce, which you can't get now because they don't ship it in the hot summer months.  I'm a big fan.

When you place an order on their site it comes pretty quickly.  I want to say you usually have something in about four days (definitely under a week). 

I know there are people on these boards who get in all their protein without ever using drinks or bars.  I'm in awe because without my morning protein shake, I would think it would be tough.  Plus, I'm usually not in the mood for food first thing.  So the shake is great because I can have it before I get in the shower, I get in nearly half my required protein, and the shake keeps me full till lunchtime.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Katie K.
on 7/12/13 9:24 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Ooh. Tell me about the cheese sauce!

Karen R.
on 7/13/13 2:24 am
RNY on 04/14/13

It's pretty tasty!  It's not as rich as a homemade cheese sauce of course.  But it's a step above Kraft Mac 'n Cheese's sauce.

At least I think so.  :-)

All you do is add water and you get 21g of protein per serving.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

Mo Diggity
on 7/13/13 3:44 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

What kind of foods do you use it with ?

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Karen R.
on 7/13/13 1:40 pm
RNY on 04/14/13
It's good over veggies. And once I poured it over a small serving of protein rich pasta.

Mo Diggity
on 7/13/13 5:16 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Mo Diggity
on 7/12/13 5:58 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I'm not sure how far out you are from surgery, you may be further out than me so my opinions may not even pertain to you. I'm 9 days out, and The Unjury soup has been my SAVIOR !!  With my nauseous stomach, the thought of sweet shakes made me wanna hurl, so I wasn't getting anywhere NEAR my protein requirements.... Hot & Savory Broth made me feel sooooo much better. I'm sure you can buy the broth at the store and mix unflavored also, jus****ch the sodium :)

Ericka K.
on 7/12/13 7:47 pm

I love unjury!  Its the only protein I have used since starting the journey pre op.  I got the sample pack to figure out what I liked, tried the chocolate and immediately ordered a big container.  I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond breeze.  I dont care for the strawberry, but then I have never really liked strawberry flavored things.  I do the vanilla, chocolate splendor and unflavored.  I havent been daring enough to try the chicken soup but I do add unflavored to regular chicken broth.  If you like them get on the auto ship program, it saves you 15%.  You can call before any shipment and cancel, skip the month or adjust your order.  I have skipped a month and adjusted a month and its very easy.  Theyre customer service people are super nice.  I really cannot say anything bad about this product or company which is rare in the world today.  

Silverbelle69
on 7/12/13 8:04 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

I recommend putting it in a bottle with a lid when you drink it - to avoid the smell.  But I do that for any protein, not just Unjury.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views