Did something get stuck? Thoughts on this.

shedevilbecca
on 7/10/13 7:42 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Last night my daughter made some chicken for dinner. It was very moist so I had some. I started having some pain about 20 minutes later. I thought I had ate to much or to fast. I wound up throwing up everything. I thought I would be ok after that. I tried a little bit of water every 30 minutes or so and every time I did it came back up. Then when I tried to go to bed I would doze off and I would start having little burps. I would wake up coughing and feeling like my throat was on fire. It felt like acid reflux. (I read some where we can't get acid reflux this early out. I am 6 weeks. Not sure if its true). Anyway this and the pain in my pouch lasted ALL night. I finally started to get some relief about 4 this morning. I thought maybe I did not chew a bite of chicken well enough and it got stuck. Any thoughts on what this could have been? I am taking it easy today and having liquids since my pouch still feels a little achy.

Sydster145
on 7/10/13 7:49 am - ID
RNY on 06/24/13

That exact thing happened to me last Sunday. I was miserable for about 16 hours. I'm pretty sure I ate too much too fast and I know some got stuck. Only time and a lot of vomiting helped. I make sure to eat really slow now and chew the heck out of my food. Someone suggested chewing papaya enzyme pills, which I did, but I'm not sure if they did anything. 

Justcallmesuz
on 7/10/13 9:51 am
RNY on 05/08/13

The papaya enzymes work best when you first notice something stuck. It will break down the stuck piece so it will go down. 

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

shedevilbecca
on 7/10/13 9:52 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to remember what it was last night and I just could not think of papaya. I would have gone at 2 in the morning to get them. I was willing to try anything to find relief. That was something I NEVER want to do again! 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/10/13 9:35 am - OH

It could have been stuck chicken.  That seems to be a common food to get stuck.  I didn't throw up anything until I was 18 months out, and it was chicken that was a little dry that I ate too fast and didn;t chew well enough.

I have never heard that you couldn't have reflux early out.

My surgeon's number two rule was to chew everything to mush. Always. (Number one rule was protein first at every meal.  Always.) If you chew everything to as close to mush/applesauce/baby food consistency as possible, nothing will ever get stuck!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

shedevilbecca
on 7/10/13 9:49 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Thanks Lora. I agree about chewing.  It was really moist but I think I just did not chew. Trust me lesson learned! I NEVER want to go through that again.

Kahla L.
on 7/10/13 1:39 pm
RNY on 06/19/13

I had this exact same thing happen last Friday and I think it was from not chewing well enough.  Lesson learned.  It took 10 hours to get any relief and at one point I seriously considered going to the ER.  I went back to liquids for 48 hours and then felt much, much better.  But I was terrified I'd done some damage due to the amount of pain I was in.  Hope you are all better!

HW/SW/CW: 312/295/212 (RNY 6/19/13)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 57 views