Back Pain

APisceanGaLinWC
on 7/6/13 1:39 pm - CA
RNY on 06/28/13

I'm a week and a day out and the left side of my back is now hurting.  My left side also hurts.  I've heard from previous posts that back pain could be related to gas but I don't have any problems with gas.  I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and I'm not sure if I can even do that with this pain.  Also, even when I take my pain medication, my back still hurts! Does anyone know what's causing this?

StephieG1974
on 7/6/13 1:53 pm - Hampton, VA
RNY on 06/26/13

Call your doctor!  It may not even be related to your surgery.  I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but I do know that if your having pain and your meds aren't helping that's a pretty good size red flag waving in front of you.  If your doctor can't see you, get to an urgent care or ER.  Better be save than sorry.  

PPP
on 7/6/13 4:46 pm
My back hurt for weeks! All better now. Had to use narcotics to knock me out so I could sleep. Heating pad and massage was only thing that helped. Never did figure out why. I had to delay my activity/work. Mine went away gradually.
E R.
on 7/6/13 6:01 pm - Switzerland

I had the same back pain on the left side. My doctor said that some patients get back oain. It went away after 2 weeks. Hope you feel better soon. 

RNY:  4 June 2013

patlivs
on 7/7/13 10:36 pm

I have the same thing it is very painful. My surgeon said it was a nerve that travels along that side and that it will get better she did prescribe some liquid nuronton to help with nerve pain. The meds have helped and the pain is subsiding slowly. My right side feels great and the swelling has gone down allot. I'm feeling better each day. getting my 30-45 min walk in still. I feel like walking helps it somehow maybe strengthens the muscles. I know it hurts and i hope you feel better it sound much like mine. Im 3 weeks out. Blessing to you

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views