Awful depressed today...

Missy A.
on 7/3/13 10:01 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

I thought it was due to the clouds and rain we've had off and on since early June, but today it was sunny and nice outside and all I wanted to do was stay in bed and cry. I didn't, I actually made myself get up and go to the gym, but I came home and jumped back into the bed for about two hours. I take Cymbalta and Abilify for depression and can tell that I'm going through an episode, I just don't know how to get out from underneath it. I don't work due to health reasons and b/c of past depression episodes I have isolated myself with friends that I really have no one around to hang out with. My husband and son both work long hours, my sisters and nieces and nephews all live in another state as well as my favorite cousin who I usually talk with once a day, but things have changed and that is not even possible right now. I just want to sleep all my feelings away!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

poet_kelly
on 7/3/13 10:06 am - OH

It sounds like your meds aren't doing the job well enough right now.  I'd call your doc.  Are you in therapy?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missy A.
on 7/3/13 10:14 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Yes I'm in therapy. I have an appt on the 23rd but I think I will give them a call Friday morning since they are closed tomorrow. I really don't want to change or increase my meds, but will if I need to. I had been doing so well since April 2009, but with my past history (2 suicide attempts) I know I need to keep up with my meds.

Missy

poet_kelly
on 7/3/13 10:20 am - OH

Maybe you can get through this rough patch without changing the meds.  But if you need to increase them temporarily, or add an additional med for a little while, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.  I have a history of really severe depression, too, and I have learned that it's important to take steps as soon as I realize things are getting bad to deal with it before it gets super bad again.  Because of the very nature of depression, it's really hard to do that.  I think it would be like telling someone with a broken leg they  need to walk a few miles to the hospital to get their leg set.  That last thing you feel like doing when you're really depressed is trying to get help. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Missy A.
on 7/3/13 10:21 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Isn't that the truth. Thank you for your concern and input. I appreciate it!

Missy

Ingrid K.
on 7/3/13 10:36 am - Canada
I also suffer from depression and felt that I needed to up my meds temporarily. I am back down to my regular dose but am glad I took action when I needed to. I used to feel ashamed because I needed meds. Now I don't care. My brain is wired differently and I need what I need. I keep telling myself that I don't have to live the way I used too. I know how hard it can be and my heart goes out to you. Are there any phone support lines you can call when you are in a pinch. I used to call them in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and started having real anxiety spells. That helped just being able to talk to someone and work me through the moment. Take care of yourself xoxo
Missy A.
on 7/3/13 10:54 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

I've never tried any support lines, but will definitely look into it. Fortunately telling my husband this evening seems to have helped. He is sitting beside me tonight and keeping me engaged in conversation which is very helpful. So glad he doesn't work tomorrow! Thank you for your concern and suggestions.

Missy

Katie K.
on 7/3/13 10:49 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I take the same and I also take Lamictal (lamotrigine). There's nothing wrong with increasing meds or adding another one.

Just remember you've been through hell and are strong enough to make it through this. It's freaking awesome that you made it to the gym. That's the way to rock your new lifestyle!

Katie K.
on 7/3/13 10:51 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I take the same and I also take Lamictal (lamotrigine). There's nothing wrong with increasing meds or adding another one.

Just remember you've been through hell and are strong enough to make it through this. It's freaking awesome that you made it to the gym. That's the way to rock your new lifestyle!

Missy A.
on 7/3/13 10:56 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Thank you! 

Live tried Lamictal once but it was by itself. I never tried it with another med. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you!

Missy

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 179 views
What's on your Monday Menu?