2 questions

Sarahakers11
on 6/22/13 9:52 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with
1 if we are chewing everything to applesauce and suppose to for the rest of our lives then why isn't everything essentially a slider food?

2 if we aren't suppose to drink with meals cause it pushes food through and food sits in our pooches longer isn't it still there in the 30 minutes so aren't we still pushing it out

I am following all my surgeons guidelines no matter why I was just curious.

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/22/13 10:15 am - OH

Because some things cannot be chewed to the consistency of applesauce.  No matter how long you chew a piece of chicken or beef or tuna, it s never going to be the consistency of applesauce because applesauce has a very high water content and those items do not (and you cannot add enough saliva to make up for that).

No. Gravity slowly pulls the food from the pouch into the intestine.  It takes about 30 minutes do that to happen (depending some on the amount consumed and the consistency of food in the pouch).  If you wait 30 minutes before drinking, the pouch is empty (or very nearly so) and you are just pushing the food further along in the intestine.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sarahakers11
on 6/22/13 10:22 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Thanks makes sense.  

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Larry Wassmann
on 6/23/13 4:03 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I was told and still do wait for 60 minutes. Gets to be a habit now, no problem.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 221 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?