Getting close..

CjHOhio
on 6/17/13 7:25 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Hello everyone!  I have not really posted, but I have been lurking around here for a year and a half now. I am in the process of trying to get approved for the gastric bypass.

I just received my final clearances today from the cardiologist as well as my family physician.  I have already gotten all other clearances and have lost the weight required by insurance.  July 2nd is my last appointment with the nutritionist during my 6 month supervised.  My doctors office plans to submit to my insurance company that afternoon and always seems to get the approvals/denials back from my insurance company in 1-2 days.  That being said, they are confident mine will be an approval because I have followed everything I needed to do.  This is so exciting, it is getting so close!  However, I think my fear is growing too (I hate surgery in general)

Just had to share, I think my hubby is getting tired of hearing me talk about it :)

PetHairMagnet
on 6/17/13 7:45 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hopefully you'll have a date by the end of July and ready to rock and roll into Fall with the first steps of the journey to the new you underway!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Kat Kat
on 6/17/13 8:50 am - AZ

Good luck on the final approval. When you hubby can take no more, just come here, we're all about sharing our experiences here.

Kat

jomarie51
on 6/17/13 9:10 am - North East, MD
VSG on 01/20/14

Hello! 

I'm fairly new here.  My initial appt with the surgeon is in 3 days.  I know it's going to be a pretty long process but I finally have insurance that covers gastric bypass.  Of course I need to go to a network provider and will be using Barix Clinic in Langhorne, PA.  Would there be any suggestions or any "watch out for" that you can offer?  

CjHOhio
on 6/17/13 1:04 pm - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Honestly, I would say definitely listen to what they are telling you and work on the changes you are going to have to make now.  The thing I thought would be the easiest to change has taken me almost this entire 6 months to do without having to really think about it while I eat.  Also, read and research as much as you can.  Information is always good!  Just remember that every doctor does things differently as you research and bring any specific questions to your specific doctor.

Good luck!

glamourqueen64
on 6/17/13 12:51 pm, edited 6/17/13 12:52 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

I was just in your shoes a few weeks ago, and all was completed and I got that phone call and scheduled everything and tomorrow I start my two week liquid diet. Then, July 2nd, is the big day. Your day will be approved and here before you know it. I did a 6 month supervised diet as well and thought it would never end and the informational meeting was way back at the beginning of December of 2012! By the way, it says you are in Ohio, and I see we got the same doctor! Keeping fingers crossed for ya!

Connie

CjHOhio
on 6/17/13 1:05 pm - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Connie, I am so excited for you!  He is a great surgeon, I know others who have had their procedure through him.  Looking at time lines we believe my surgery will most likely be the last week of July!  I cannot believe it.  As scared as I am, I am also very confident that with the staff there I will be successful.

CjHOhio
on 6/17/13 1:01 pm - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Thank you everyone :)

VintageChick
on 6/17/13 1:21 pm
Exciting!!! Good luck
CjHOhio
on 6/18/13 2:34 am - OH
RNY on 07/23/13 with

Thank you 

Most Active