Nauseous all the time!

Victoria A.
on 6/16/13 10:06 pm - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I'm 8 months out and for the last 2 weeks have felt very nauseous. It starts when I get up and will last until late afternoon. I begin to feel better around 2pm. During this time I can't eat a drop of anything, I experience the dry heaves, and sometimes depending on how bad it is, I will vomit. I went to the Dr., they drew my blood, all my blood work is perfect!  Anybody ever felt this way, or have any ideas of what may be causing this? Any info would be helpful!!!

angeleigh
on 6/16/13 10:23 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Did they do a pregnancy test?  Sounds crazy to say but it does happen. That was the first question I got asked when I went to the doctor complaining about be nauseous in the mornings. For me it was because my sugar was getting to low at night. So now i do a cheese stick before bed and then my shake in the morning. I dont eat anything solid till around noon.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

poet_kelly
on 6/16/13 11:46 pm - OH

When that happened to me, it turned out I had gall stones.  My surgeon initially said since I had no pain, only nausea, it couldn't be my gall bladder, but after a CT scan was  normal, I insisted on an ultrasound and I had gall stones and my gall bladder came out a week later and I felt great.

Ask your doctor about ordering an ultrasound.  What else does he think might be causing it?  I would let him know that doing nothing to find the cause or treat it is not acceptable (that's what I had to tell my surgeon, he said since my CT scan was normal, there was nothiing wrong with me and I would just have to live with daily nausea).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Athlynne
on 6/17/13 3:20 am

I'm actually two months out and having the same problem. The only thing that helps me is eating, which I can rarely do since I have to concentrate on fluids...

"I'm pleasant, but I have issues." - MST3K

Start weight: 290 lbs.
Current weight: 205 lbs.

Surgery date: April 15, 2013

PetHairMagnet
on 6/17/13 6:43 am, edited 6/17/13 6:44 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My doctor is having me test my blood sugar, it has been as low as 41, and so I try to eat something with protein and complex carbs at night. I also eat protein as soon as I can in the morning after my thyroid meds. But if my blood is low when I get up, I have to eat vs. taking my thyroid pill. It is really dangerous to let your blood sugar get too low!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

merry1
on 9/2/13 12:42 am - Canada

Did your nauseousness ever go away?  I used to get random nauseousness but lately I just don't feel great after I eat and I sometimes get hot and sweaty for a 1/2 hour after.  Im best having yogurt, fruit, most vegetables and most liquids.  Sometimes I think its all the vitamins and I have a reflux sensation which gives me tiny little burps. I have an appt with the  bariatric clinic.  I'm sure they will know what that it is all about! I'm about three months out.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics