Looking For Pocket Peep's (x-post)

juleskar
on 6/20/13 5:26 am
I'm looking for an intimate group of WLS'ers who'd like to be in daily contact via phone and/or text for support. It would be for us to check with each other a few times a day for how we are progressing with eating, exercise, etc. If someone needs to rant to get it off their chest, that would be acceptable. However, it's not meant for people who just want to complain & ***** and bring the others down. I am looking for others, who share common interests and goals, to support and lift others up. They could exercise at the same time, even if we're in different states.
About me? I'm 47 yrs old; single Mom to a teenager; 2 1/2 yrs post-op RNY; disabled, but hoping with continued weightloss and implementing more exercise, I would eventually be able to get back in the workforce (it would have to be something I could work from home and at my own schedule, however); 30 pounds to reach my maintenance range. My challenges? Exercise & carbs!
Any takers??
Thank you!
PetHairMagnet
on 6/20/13 10:33 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Slightly off topic--but why would a job need to be at home and on your schedule, and if you are not working, isn't your schedule open pretty much 24/7?

What did you used to do and what caused you to be disabled at such a young age?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

juleskar
on 6/20/13 2:30 pm

Due to my disability, there is no way I could hold down a specific 9 to 5 job, where I would need to be at a particular place at a particular time.  At this time, I spend most of my day in bed, due to my declining health.  I'm hoping that eventually my body will allow me to work an 8 hour job, where I can determine the hours (based on how I'm feeling). That would mean i could work 2 hours here and there and eventually get in 8 hours within a 24 hour period.  I doubt too many employers would allow me to come and go based on how I'm feeling at the time.  Due to those restrictions, it would definitely need to be a job that I work at from home.  This is if I can even get my body to that point.  My desire is to eventually hold down a job where I can actually earn a paycheck. 

juleskar
on 6/20/13 2:37 pm

Oops..sorry, I forgot to mention my health issues...

I've had 25 surgeries in the past 30 years.  Most of the surgeries were related to my neck and back, which are 50% fused at this time. I also have severe neuropathy bilaterally from my knees down, which causes me to fall multiple times a day, which doesn't help my neck or back either. The neuropathy is both painful and numb at the same time.  It's hard to describe.  I'm thankful that I'm eligible for disability at this time, but you never know what the future holds.  I'm trying to be proactive to get my neck and back to a place where I can eventually work 8 hours in a 24 hour day. My quality of life sucks at this point. The only relief I get is from being in the swimming pool.  If I could live there, I'd be okay.

VintageChick
on 6/20/13 10:29 pm
Neuropathy is something I'd hoped my surgery and subsequent weight loss would help cure or at least control. Mine is up my calf on one side and to the ankle on the other. Has weightloss not helped yours? I can sympathize. I am 46 and the thought of losing my freedom to work because of it (and inflammatory arthritis) terrifies me. So far, I feel very fortunate to have a job/career that allows me to be productive and work at my own pace without needing disability. I hope your continued weightloss helps improve your mobility and function.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 304 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views