Grits

ialdridge
on 6/13/13 12:31 am - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13

I am almost 10 weeks out and was wondering does anyone eat grits at this stage?  I am trying to get more fiber in cause I have a pooping problem TMI I know.  I hate oatmeal and anything sweet.  All I ever crave is salty foods.  My last blood work was good except I was low on vitamin K. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comH.W. 312   S.W. 275.  C.W 231 RNY on 04/08/13

PetHairMagnet
on 6/13/13 1:42 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband did! Grits plain or grits with low fat cheese. We live in the south...you can get them at a gas station in the winter out of a big 'crock pot' of sorts for 1.99 a bowl. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

mussit64
on 6/13/13 2:02 am - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

They gave me grits in the hospital.... I have been eating grits since 1 day post-op.  They don't hurt my pouch either.   I'm still not eating a 1/4 cup yet though cause I am scared they might swell.  

Kristenselfs
on 6/13/13 10:39 am - PA

As soon as I went on purée foods (as I am 5 weeks post op) I ate grits, I like mine with sf syrup, we're all different how we eat them, I ate 2 oz only as that was on my plan. Hope this helps u, my Dr. Is very conservative, did not go on puréed to 10 days post op, saw her today, I am on soft for 3 mos, she says pounce needs time to heal, so I am listening.

MsBatt
on 6/13/13 11:40 am

Just remember---at this point, your goal is to eat as much protein as you can, and as few carbs. A quarter-cup of grits has 7 grams of carbs, but only 0.77 grams of protein. In other words, grits have nearly TEN TIMES as many carbs as protein. As for fiber---that quarter-cup of grits has only 0.14 grams of fiber.

NOT a good choice!

VintageChick
on 6/13/13 11:32 pm
My plan specifically says no grits and I love them mixed with a soft egg. Cream of wheat is on the list, though. Not the same. I'm more concerned with protein right now anyway - I just don't have room for anything else. I purchased Miralax to have on hand if needed.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views