Normal??

snowball24life
on 6/11/13 7:01 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

So I am 3 weeks out.. Had complications the first week, but everything is back on track.. Lost 30 pounds the first week due to the complications, but gained back 4 pounds when I could finally keep fluids down.. I finally lost those 4 pounds when I was weighed at the Doctor's today.. So 30 pounds lost in 3 weeks since the surgery.. 

I feel as though loosing 4 pounds in a week being just out of surgery in less then a month is way to slow and not enough.. I feel so out of sorts.. I am so tired of pureed foods.. Hell I am tired of food in general.. I feel depressed.. Has anyone been through this, and is being depressed so soon, normal?

poet_kelly
on 6/11/13 7:05 am - OH

Depression is not uncommon after WLS.  Are you seeing a therapist?

30 lbs lost in just three weeks is exceptionally rapid weight loss, faster than average, I think.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

snowball24life
on 6/11/13 7:06 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I was.. Probably should go back.. *Sighs*

Justcallmesuz
on 6/11/13 8:00 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I think thirty pounds in three weeks is great. I have lost 33 in 5 weeks. 

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

snowball24life
on 6/11/13 8:25 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

That is awesome! Thank you for the kind words of encouragement!

Lisa_Douglas
on 6/11/13 8:12 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Ok my walking buddy... In the 3 weeks since surgery, I am down 17 pounds.  Does that help for frame of reference?

snowball24life
on 6/11/13 8:24 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Thank you Sweetie for putting that into perspective! :) I guess I might have some unrealistic goals and am being to hard on myself.. LOL I question myself all the time..

snowball24life
on 6/11/13 8:26 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Awesome Job as Well!

Lisa_Douglas
on 6/11/13 8:34 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I didnt envy your complications when we connected last week, but i was jealous of your weight loss.  First week was practically break even - I list the fluid i gained in the hospital. Last two weeks have def picked up!  Are you able to get much walking in these days (are you feeling well enough)?

snowball24life
on 6/11/13 8:45 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Oh please don't be jealous.. The Doctors were not pleased I lost that amount in such a short time.. They said it was not healthy what-so-ever.. Even though I had no control over it, it did make me feel guilty.. And I guess I got into the mindset that maybe not 30 pounds, but over 10 might have been normal in a week (don't know why I thought that  ) I have been increasing my walking. It is not up to what I would like, but it is better then what it was when I was in the Hospital the second time.. They actually did not even make me get up and walk the second time.. I think it was because I was so weak.. But hopefully by the end of this month I will be on more of a schedule and have a set distance to walk everyday.. How about you?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 237 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 138 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?