9 months post op and weight loss is SLOW....

AlohaJen
on 6/5/13 3:31 am
RNY on 09/05/12

Ok, I know you all may hear this question all the time, but when does the so called "Honeymoon" phase end?  I am 9 months post op today, I weighed 286 at start, 258 at surgery and today is 197.  So that is a total of 89 so far in this journey.  I have been bouncing back and forth between 199-197 for the last month. If you go up a half pound or lose a half pound from week to week, do you consider that a gain or loss?  I weigh every Sunday morning and record it.  I have been trying some sweets, which are my downfall.... some dumping with the headache, dizziness etc, and bread makes me feel gross.....  so is this a stall?  Is it because I have been trying too many sweets?  I do try to stay under the 12 grams of sugar, but once or twice I know it has been more.... I feel like I am in deep water here and need to refocus....  any words of encouragement will be appreciated, even the tough love ones.... thanks.... 

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Hollie313
on 6/5/13 4:18 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

From what I've read on here, it's around 16 months.  I just busted through a month long plateau of being stuck at 172 - 174.  So, I feel your pain.  However, I hopped on the scale yesterday and it read 168.    Dumping would be flu-like symptoms.  I don't dump, but I also know anything with over 14 grams of sugar per serving makes me vomit and feel horrid.  And...don't beat yourself up.  I eat sweets - just not in the amount or frequency as I used to.  In fact, today I had a handful (4-5) of the Chips Ahoy Mini Cookies.  Life is still life and we aren't banned from these things.  We just can't, and shouldn't, abuse them the way we used to.  Good luck!!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

cajungirl
on 6/5/13 4:19 am
Not uncommon to slow down at this point. Find a balance on your eating making sure to focus on the most bang for your buck on good choices.

I DO get the sugar situation. I'm a sweet eater and have to watch it closely. Try avoiding all sweets (sf pudding or jello is ok) so you can optimize the remaining weight loss.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Sherry T.
on 6/5/13 5:14 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Mine hit at about 6 months...it's not been a stall or plateau but no mega losses after the sixth month after surgery....I think I lost 9 pounds in months 7,8,9 and but the last three months 4 pounds....I've had some major stress so yes I've been testing the waters but "tried" to track and knew when I had over done it......I'm back on track and trying to get my water in.....having my 1 year appt next week...and have my mental goal I'd like to get close too and I'm pretty close within 8 lbs but would love to make it closer to 5!  Not asking for much am I at this late date! :)  

Hang in there!

Sherry

Dee.spunk
on 6/5/13 5:45 am - Sacramento, CA
Most say that at about 18 months. Mine actually stopped at 12 months. I havent lost a thing since then. So everyone is different. Just stick to your plan and continue to exercise.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

sadcock
on 6/5/13 6:06 am

My plateau was at about 10 months. I have really struggled with keeping the weight off and would advise anyone to no experiment with seeing what you can "get away with" eating. I wish I had never tasted the first bite of sweets, chips or other junk post op.

I am now thinking about food all the time....wanting it, eating/regretting it or obsessively avoiding it. I just want to be "normal"...eat till satisfied with "normal" portions and not think about food all the time.

Hang in there and keep working the program. Don't test your limits and be patient. Good things come to those who work the plan and stay steady and strong.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 344 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 192 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?