Not complaining - seeking advice

denaraye
on 5/31/13 12:14 am - MI

I have not had any weight loss for nearly three weeks.  My walking has increased to 4 days a week (from nothing) for about 25 minutes each day.  I absolutely hate walking but I am making myself do it.  But my weight loss has stopped and is actually bouncing back and forth between 207 and 209??? 

Though I am very happy with my weight loss thus far - and I do know that stalls are quite normal - I am looking for any advice on what might start the loss again.  I had a goal of being in onederland by my niece's wedding which is next weekend and I fear that not making this goal is going to have a bad effect on my mental state.  So I need advice and encouragement BEFORE this happens...  LOL

Thank you!

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

MyLady Heidi
on 5/31/13 12:31 am

Stay off the scale and keep doing what you are doing and the next time you step on the scale you will be in Onederland.  It will happen, if you don't weigh so frequently you can avoid what you are doing right now, stressing over nothing.

Good Luck!

denaraye
on 5/31/13 12:34 am - MI

Thank you.  WE are getting ready to move maybe I should pack the scale and not weigh in again until we unpack at the new house...

happygrandma
on 5/31/13 1:15 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

That is a perfect solution.  You have done a tremendous job, don't get discouraged now.  I hovered at 201-203 for several weeks, finally burst through to 197 but have sat there for a couple more weeks.  Moving is a huge job, I'm sure you'll get lots of exercise the next couple of weeks.  Getting under 200............we put a huge amount of stress on ourselves for that one.

MyLady Heidi
on 5/31/13 1:30 am

Definitely and for sure the scale will reward you.  Enjoy your new house!

Larry Wassmann
on 5/31/13 1:53 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

To give advise we would need to know how much and what your are eating. Do you weigh and log everything? If not how do you know, or how can we know how you are eating. This is not an automatic weight loss, you have to adjust what you are eating and how much, to get over a stall. I am at goal and  other than one week I have lost at least a pound every week. But I can tell you exactly how much and what I ate every day for the past 14 months. And if I was in a stall you bet your bippy I would change what I am eating.

Working out and walking is fine and keep it up, but alone it will do little in my opinion. I swim 3 times a week and ride my bike at least 15 miles a week, but I can not use that to make up for eating poorly. You would have to play very hard racketball for at least 1 hour to burn off one pound and if you are a lot over weight you would tear up your legs.

Stalls are longer than what you are talking about and to over come any problem you have to look at what your are eating and make changes. You can do this but it takes a lot of work that will never end until they put the grass over your thin body at the end.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

imaclutz
on 5/31/13 1:56 am - WI
RNY on 04/17/13

I only weigh myself once a week, and that seems to work for me....also--are you drinking enough water?  I've found that the more water I get in, the better off I do with weight loss.  That was true before and after surgery for me.  I'm only 6 weeks out and am learning everyday!

Congrats on all your success!!  You'll be in onederland before you know it!! 

~~Marie 

denaraye
on 5/31/13 2:59 am - MI

Good Point - i know I have not been getting in as much water as I should be.  I have had a few days were it dawned on me late in the day that my water bottle is still full and I have not refilled it... 

So - pack the scales, document what I am eating, drink, drink, drink...

Thanks folks - this is a good start to begin with. 

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

Jerwelch
on 5/31/13 2:39 am - Grand Haven, MI

When I was that early out the scale did not move for me but my waste line was shrinking so I know I was losing but I wanted that scale to move also. It really is a head game. It will move.

Jerry

dirks34
on 5/31/13 3:05 am
RNY on 10/31/12

every time I plateau, I drink extra water, increase the intensity of my exercise and cut back on the carbs....seems to work for me each time.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; a optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"- Winston Churchill

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 53 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics