Burning pain under finger nails?

Jenn D.
on 5/28/13 4:13 am - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
Anyone else ever have this symptom? It started in my thumbs, on both hands, sorta felt like a splinter or something was stuck under them when I put pressure on them. Now it has moved to both my pointer fingers...It is like the tips and under the beds is on fire! I have a call in to my PCM, but wanted to put feelers out there to see if this is common or not? Sorry for the typing, using middle and ring fingers to do this is tough!
Learning of late that the benefit and downfall to this whole process is super hypersensitivity to all the signs I might have ignored in my body before!
Thanks n advance for the help!
Jenn

KennyBruin
on 5/28/13 8:02 am - MD

Sounds like the Spanish Inquisition to me.  And, as we all know, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!  Seriously, though, that sounds like no fun at all, and, other than this juvenile attempt at humor, I have no idea what could be going on.  Best of luck in getting it resolved quickly.

Allen Y.
on 5/28/13 10:06 am - Garland, TX

I do have a paper cut between my thumbnail and and nail bed. It will heal in a day or two, as for your condition, if it gets worse or does not get better in two days see a doctor.

The_girl_next_door
on 5/28/13 11:36 am
It sounds like nerve pain. Radial nerve pain to be exact. I'd get that checked out, it could be a symptom of something more. Good luck!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views