sore throat

LN040768
on 5/20/13 11:22 pm - Fairless Hills, PA

i have a question. i have a sore throat. tried tylenol for pain but it was recommended to me to take an anti inflammitory such as alieve or advil. Can we take alieve or advil? if not, what can i take for pain and swelling?

Pre Op weight  - 230 (heaviest weight)

Surgery weight - 217

Goal weight - 120

poet_kelly
on 5/21/13 12:01 am - OH

*****commended Advil to you?  Usually it's recommended RNY folks do not take NSAIDS due to the serious risk of ulcers.  You can take it if you want, of course.  I personally would not risk an ulcer over a sore throat.  I'd rather deal with a sore throat than an ulcer.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Alicia F.
on 5/21/13 1:42 am
RNY on 04/16/12

I wouldn't risk an ulcer....

You can try gargling warm sal****er.... or get some Halls Sugar Free sore throat drops or Ludens Sugar Free drops....

Hope you feel better!

LN040768
on 5/22/13 5:05 am - Fairless Hills, PA

went to dr today. turns out i have a bacterial infection. she put me on chewable antibiotic. now we wait for it to take affect. hoping to feel a difference tomorrow.

Surgery weight - 217

Goal weight - 120

LN040768
on 5/27/13 9:19 pm - Fairless Hills, PA

Thank god ... sore throat gone and feeling alot better. md gave me antibiotic. took that and tylenol and now am back to 100%. still have to finish my antibiotic but feeling great.

Surgery weight - 217

Goal weight - 120

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views