The good, the bad and the ugly (pics)

Mendie Thompson
on 5/8/13 10:58 pm - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

It's fun to share all of the awesome pics of loss, but only a handful share the NOT so awesome ones.  Well, I'm here to put in my handful of the not-so-great pics.  Actually, I consider myself VERY lucky...it could be MUCH worse.  But, since I never plan on wearing a bikini, and there is no requirement for me to show myself naked in public (and would surely be arrested if I DID), I don't let this stuff bother me.  I didn't choose to have the surgery to accomplish a perfect body, just better health...and I HAVE that...along with an amazingly wonderful and supportive husband who makes sure to let me know how sexy he finds me, no matter what size I am.  I am truly blessed with a great man.

Anyway, here is what my 100+ pounds has left me.  Hopefully over the next few months it will start looking better, as we have started going to the gym and working on toning.  But I can honestly say that, even if it doesn't change, I will still be pleased.

There is still some room for loss in the stomach area, but I really don't want to loose any more weight, unless I am gaining muscle at the same time...so, back to the gym we go!

LilyBugsMommy
on 5/8/13 11:09 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Thank you so much for sharing. We never get to see pics of what we may look like after weight loss without plastic surgery. I appreciate your courage in being able to share this with us. I really don't think that I will ever want to have plastic surgery and I have always wondered-"what will I look like??". I know we are all different, but this can give me some perspective.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Dee.spunk
on 5/8/13 11:54 pm - Sacramento, CA
Thanks for posting. I know it takes a lot of courage to do that. I myself would never.

I wish I looked like that! I'd rock a bikini if I did! Alas, I don't. I have to wear shapewear to hide the skin.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

baepage
on 5/9/13 12:04 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

thanks for being brave and showing us.  I want to loose 100 pounds and was curious as to what my skin would look like.  You really don't look bad.  I too did the surgery so I could live a healthy life, so having extra skin won't bother me.

Justcallmesuz
on 5/9/13 12:30 am
RNY on 05/08/13

No bad or ugly at all! You look great!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

wdwgram14
on 5/9/13 1:11 am

WOW I hope I look that good :) Great job:)

and thank u

Dare to dream , Dare to live , Namaste

karenp8
on 5/9/13 3:17 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for being so brave and sharing. I must say you look much better than I do.  I've got more excess skin but would take it everyday for how much better I feel. I look great with shapewear under my clothes and that's fine by me.

Jilly Bean
on 5/9/13 4:48 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Personally, I think you look fantastic!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

lindiesisson
on 5/9/13 4:56 am - IN

Thank you so much I so hope to look as wonderful as you do! Compared to how I feel about my body now I can only hope to look as fabulous. :) Best Wishes.

jenni93
on 5/9/13 7:06 am

I want your arms!!  And actually, I'd take your belly too, if you'd take mine!  You truly don't look at all bad.

SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 301 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?