Prenatal vitamins

glad2balive
on 5/6/13 4:19 am

Do they meet RNY needs?

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

kraney
on 5/6/13 5:01 am
I've been told by my surgeons not to take them ( unless your pregnant) because they tend to make you more hungry.

RNY 3/14/2013 DOS 214, HW 229, CW 188

poet_kelly
on 5/6/13 5:12 am - OH
On May 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM Pacific Time, kraney wrote:
I've been told by my surgeons not to take them ( unless your pregnant) because they tend to make you more hungry.

Huh? What is in them that is not in regular vitamins that causes increased appetite?  That makes no sense at all.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kraney
on 5/7/13 12:32 am
On May 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
On May 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM Pacific Time, kraney wrote:

Huh? What is in them that is not in regular vitamins that causes increased appetite?  That makes no sense at all.

Not sure what is in them that makes them say that. That's just what they've told us.

RNY 3/14/2013 DOS 214, HW 229, CW 188

poet_kelly
on 5/6/13 5:11 am - OH

Depends on the brand.  Read the label.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

glad2balive
on 5/6/13 5:18 am

What is important? Thanks!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

poet_kelly
on 5/6/13 6:02 am - OH

The ASMBS says to use a multi with 100% of the RDA of most things.  Make sure it has minerals like copper, zinc and selenium.  Take two a day.

Vdekker
on 5/6/13 5:35 am - Mt
RNY on 12/21/12

My Dr. suggest them, the only thing is to make sure they have enough iron as some may not.

NHPOD9
on 5/6/13 7:08 am

The prenatal that I am on does not have everything we need, such as cooper, selenium, vitamin K, magnesium, etc.  My surgeon's office has me on one prenatal (because the folic acid and B vitamins in particular are higher and necessary when preggo) and one multivitamin.  I can't speak for all prenatals, but I would compare what you are looking at with a typical multi.  I think you'll find that most are not complete. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Needanewbeginning
on 5/6/13 12:00 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

My centre suggests prenatal vitamins. I bought the Costco brand and they were approved when I went for my pre op the other day. 

Annette enlightened

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 311 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 3 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics