Stomach pain from cabbage....oops

quiltpainter
on 5/2/13 11:29 am - CT

I am six months out and had been doing so well I think I forgot I had gastric bypass. Anyway I ate a raw red cabbage salad for dinner and have been having stomach pains ever since. Any suggestions as to how to make it feel better?? I not nauseated just in pain. 

littleskie
on 5/2/13 11:43 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with

I went thru the same thing at six months out but with collard greens. Felt like I was trying to digest glass. For me it was simply a matter of taking some papaya enzymes and time. It did pass but it took a few hours till I felt a bit better. I avoided all veggies except those that were cooked to death...lol, for awhile after that episode.

For the first year I kept papaya enzymes on hand. When I tried anything new I made sure I was at home so I could lay down, chew my papaya and try to relax if the food got stuck or in the case of the collard greens, hurt.

I hope you feel better soon. If you don't then I would definitely call the surgeon and see what they suggest.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

quiltpainter
on 5/2/13 12:39 pm - CT

sent my daughter out to get the papaya enzymes. luckily walgreens had it at the 24 hr store. I hope it works, I feel worse than after surgery........

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views