is this normal?

mercedes66693
on 5/1/13 2:57 am

I'm 5 weeks out today I'm starting to eat or try to eat more proteins the past few days I've noticed a a tightness in my chest when I swallow thought.  Even when I'm drinking water or crystal light it's like I get it to the back of my throat and I really have to force it down sometimes then I get a sharp pain in my chest .  Some times stuff does come back up not to bad though.  Not sure if I'm just eating to fast or what but really I'm not that hungry I'm having a hard time getting in my minimum of 60 grams of protein because I'm not hungry.

Anyone else experience this?

Allen Y.
on 5/1/13 3:02 am - Garland, TX

Slow down, take smaller bites and chew them more. Your pouch is still new. It gets much much easier over time.

cajungirl
on 5/1/13 3:08 am

Try smaller bites and chew to a mush.  If the discomfort persist call your surgeon, you may need an EDG to rule out a stricture.  You mention even liquids cause this.....if liquids cause problems it's possible you do have some scar tissue forming at the stoma and your stoma will need to be stretched.

Don't stress so much about not getting in 60 grams right now, work toward getting that much in.  The sooner you get in enough you'll feel more energetic but be realistic you just had surgery and it'll take some time.  Fewer can get it all in early out that others.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

lumina99
on 5/2/13 1:18 pm - ME
Read this..it explains a lot!

http://bariatrictv.com/forum/index.php?topic=4750.0;wap2

Laura A.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?