1 month post op

NEWMI
on 4/24/13 12:04 am - SILVER SPRING, MD
RNY on 03/18/13

Hi all just wondering i got real sick a week ago an my dr put me back to stage 1 liquid diet until last friday, i went on monday back to the dr an they switched me to stage 3 soft foods  an was wondering when can i start drinking coffee?

Tiggybeep
on 4/24/13 12:54 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Hi neighbor!  I live in North Bethesda. :)  Where'd you have your surgery done?  Mine was at Sibley.  Sorry to hear you had a rough time of it, glad you're feeling better now.  Each doc has their own guidelines as to when coffee is okay (if ever).  Mine said one cup was fine so long as I was getting my liquids in, and that was at about week 2 to 2 1/2.  I've yet to have a whole cup - I started easy on 1/2 a cup, which I've done twice.  Interesting was how much stronger it tasted post-surgery than pre-surgery, even though I'd diluted with a ton of skim milk post-surgery.  Not sure what that was about.  I formerly was a 1-2 cup a day coffee drinker, and while I don't think I want to go back to that just yet (not doing wonderfully with getting in tons of liquids), it felt like a blessing when I was able to swing half a cup while at work on Monday.  Check with your own doc though, each seems to have their own opinion regarding caffeine.

NEWMI
on 4/24/13 1:46 am - SILVER SPRING, MD
RNY on 03/18/13

HI I HAD MY WLS AT HOLY CROSS I ACTUALLY WORK IN CHEVY CHASE MD NEAR NORTH BETHESDA, HOW'S EVERTHING GOING FOR U?

Tiggybeep
on 4/24/13 2:04 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Small world!  Things are going really well for me.  Post-op I had a lot of pain but it's like 99% better by now.  A few more days of "taking it easy" and I'm hoping to be able to start back on a treadmill next Tuesday (which will be 4 weeks out for me).  I'm feeling SO much better than I was, and each day gets that much easier.  I'm super-excited for my first appointment back with my former nutritionist (who helped me manage my diabetes last year), scheduled for tomorrow.  If you'd like to get together at some point, send me a private message and I'd be happy to pass along contact info.

dahoodman
on 4/24/13 1:45 am, edited 4/26/13 3:31 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

My NUT said 3 months for caffeinated drinks. I have been drinking de-caff coffee for a little while now. It's funny, my belly flip flops every time I take a drink of it. I don't know if it's the warm water or what.

Edit: on 4/25 I tried a big cup of Panera Bread coffee and it was pretty darn good. My stomach tolerated it very well. I will probably just do this as an every now and then thing with regular coffee until I'm 3 months out. Even then I may keep it slow since I have pretty much kicked the caffeine habit. Why start again, right?

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

MrsLitch
on 4/24/13 3:48 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
My docs plan says 6 mo. Look through you're paperwork see if it says. If not call and ask the staff

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views